uBuntu not detecting windows!

hey friends, i was installing ubuntu 12.04 using a live cd. Problem is, its not detecting windows already installed in my system. I dont understand the problem.😔 if i continue installation every thing on the disk will get cleared.
While installing it says 'another os not found on system.anything on the disk will be erased' I need help.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Few things would be more insightful - which Windows installation do you have and how is your hard disk partitioned?
  • manishks
    manishks
    windows 7 and my system have 500gb disk..c drive 100
    D:200
    E:200
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Alright, you aren't the only one facing this problem. Thankfully the solution is easy. You'll have to use the Boot Repair tool. Apparently the uBuntu 12.04 has issues recognising Windows 7 related boot information. There's a detailed guide available on how to use Boot Repair, follow it and let us know if that solves your problem.

Boot Repair: Boot-Repair - Community Help Wiki

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

HI.... I'm a third year instrumentation student.I'm asked to do my mini project in LABVIEW. I'm interested in biomedical instrumentation.Is it possible to do biomedical projects in software. Can you...
I have had the problem of my credit card not reading properly on wiping, often needing two three swipes. I am told that putting a clear cellotape on the magstrip...
If you're one of those, who is just fooling around and looking for places to literally 'kill time', you've got to check this out. 'The Useless Web' is a carefully...
my name is chandramouli doing my b.tech degree in electronics and instrumentation at pondicheery engineering college
Hi guys, I have offer letters from 2 IT firms. One is Capgemini (as a Salesforce developer. 2.5 lacs PA may increase to 2.75. No contract) and the other is...