Ubuntu 14.10 [News/Features/Updates/Changes]

This is dedicated thread for Ubuntu 14.10 (codename not selected at this moment). I will try to keep ya'll updated to the upcoming features/changes/proposed-changes of 14.10. Like me, if you are using development build (Well, I don't install in my main system), you too are free to post details on proposed features of 14.10 right here.

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Convergence is coming this October!

Yep, Canonical developers are working at god pace to bring convergence by the release of Ubuntu 14.10. Recently in a mailing list, Robert Ancell mentioned the plan of convergence.
    Ubuntu developers were/are working for quite long for convergence strategy. With convergence same software stack can be used for all form-factor laptops, mobile, tablets, netbooks,etc. no need to redesign the single application for different platforms. Isn't it awesome ? Ofcourse it is!

Here's the official mailing list : Ubuntu 14.10 onwards: Convergence is coming...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We know that ABS- Anti lock braking system has been a good safety system which helps to stop the locking of wheel during braking which predominantly takes place in cold...
Uploaded by Michał Sadowski - Entrepreneur, Public Speaker and Social Media Enthusiast, this video takes you on a journey highlighting the happy moments in a life of an entrepreneur. The...
Anybody use "OMNeT++" Network Simulator??
Samsung India has finally put up its 10.1 inch Android tablet on its eStore. Priced at Rs. 36,340, The Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 tablet's screen features a WXGA resolution...
Current generation of electric vehicles (EVs) rely on lithium-ion batteries for power. While these batteries have their own advantages, the disadvantages cannot be ignored. Li-Ion batteries have longer life; but...