Ubuntu 13.04 : Leaks

About 4 more month before Ubuntu's 13.04 release, its Wallpaper is out ! It's not very unique, it's almost same "subtle evolution" which has been used from last 5 releases.

Ubuntu designers has also revealed some updated set of icons in unity. Canonical has hired Matthieu James "Faenza icon designer", seems like guy's hardwork is showing up.
A major change in home button, Software updater & in Ubuntu Software center is seen.

new-icons-troll

Still no news has been leaked of any technical changes in UI.

Post will be updated as new leaks or any official announcement will be made.

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Update : Ubuntu 13.04 codenamed "raring ringtail" will release on April '13 is not LTS.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Is there any 'remarkably new' feature in this new version?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    There's no news on that, Apart from newly designed icons & latest kernel we don't know anything.
    Infact in one of the interviews of Mark shuttleworth he fired up on critics saying that before the release of Ubuntu they ruins the whole release.
    So, canonical's skunkwork projects are trying to hide things as long as possible but they recently said, they have something for everyone "webby to scientific to glitzy to privacy enhancing to analytical"

News revolves around that 14.04 will be more of mobile than just desktop means you might find ubuntu tablets & netbooks during april '14.
    This is exciting !
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Update1 : Alpha of Ubuntu 13.04 raring ringtail has been released. This release is not recommended by user who want "stable" platform, it is a developer's release with Edubuntu & Kubuntu images who wanna help Ubuntu community with fixing bugs, reporting and/or testing.

If you are willing to help the community & wanna be up-to-date with development level of ubuntu then subscribe : ubuntu-devel-announce Info Page

Update 2 : Canonical has announced
    high online integration in raring ringtail. So, an ubuntu user will be able to find anything from internet or local files directly from desktop.
    Like 12.10 with an ability to install free apps directly from dash without opening ubuntu software center, we are hoping to see more change with better search results & recommendation in 13.04 in dash direct installation.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Update : Now user will be able to purchase directly by searching from dash(a commercial feature), no need to open software center or ubuntu one music for buying apps & music.
    (As mentioned by Cristian Parrino in the Canonical blog.)

Release date : 25 April 2013

Side note : Fedora 18 is in "beta" now.A week or two more & "stable" version will be released 😀 *excited*

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Google finally integrated Google Drive with Gmail to share files. Now you will have option to attach a file from Drive. I guess it is just similar to sharing option...
hi everyone, i am rajasekhar. i am an electrical engineering student currently in 5th semester of whole 8 semester course in amrita vishwavidyapeetham in bangalore, INDIA. i am interested in...
what is the difference between an analog and digital computers?? i've searched all over the google but I need more information..Help...
I'm wondering if turning a bicycle into a two wheel drive locomotive will offer any mechanical advantage to the system. I just wrote about Tretta AWD bicycles that have the...
We've had successful threads for one-liners. How about posting 100% original creations of your brain? Who knows, you might just turn into a legend and will get quoted by the...