Ubuntu 12.10 released

Just released new version of Ubuntu packed with exiting new graphical feature . and kind of 1st desktop with apps .
Whats the tagline??
Ubuntu 12.10 Released, Ready to Download - OMG! Ubuntu!
[โ€‹IMG]

Check new features

#-Link-Snipped-#
10 Things To Do After Installing Ubuntu 12.10 - OMG! Ubuntu!

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Looks like the tagline didn't go really well with Windows fans out there. Can see outrage in the comments over various blogs. Also, when people say Android and iOS took me away from Linux, they're comparing two completely different platforms.
    I think Linux lovers were always a separate community and they shall remain aloof. ๐Ÿ‘€
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    No longer, AKD.
    This is first step by Linus Torvalds against MS.
    Why people uses MS ? Because of game compatibility. Else everyother softwares are available in Linux.
    So, what Linux is lacking? Ofcourse, gaming compatibility, right?
    So,In early 2012 Linus asked "steam" the world's best online game market/community to develop games compatible to Linux.
    Meanwhile, MS announced Window 8; after having look on it, steam found it whack OS. So, they announced steam wont be updating Win8 games on their database, but still Win7 games will be on roll.
    After that steam officially announced that SteamOnLinux project has started & they are fully concentrating on Linux Games development.
    (Nailed MS)

Now, what Linux is lacking? umm nothing. We have everything & now "steam" for gaming.(It's sad that Richard stallman is against this)

OpenSource is the future. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    People use Windows because it's the default operating system they spot everywhere and a large number of software runs smoothly on Windows. Gaming community is just a small but significant part of the Windows ecosystem. I used Windows because of the Microsoft Office software of which I continue to be a fan (and have even purchased the Office for Mac).

Linux is a great operating system and there are no doubts about it. The problem that uBuntu and similar operating systems face is the 'geeky' feeling that comes associated with it and not many people are comfortable with it. People hate to get adopted to new things when their friends are on to something else. I'd call it the 'crowd effect'. People tend to go with the crowd; and not want to be called an 'outsider'.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Microsoft office is one of the reason for corporates and personal user to stick with windows os . and easiness of windows piracy is also one of main factor for users to stay with windows.
    In recent days open source community is growing very fast and user can able to install windows softwares on linux platform also (MS office too).
    If we see consider the growth of android, let's hope Open Source will be future.

I have download new Ubuntu and gonna try it today๐Ÿ‘
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Linus is constantly forcing Unity to make ubuntu User-friendly as possible.
    And upto certain extent they are successful.
    Ubuntu launched ubuntu software store just for newbies who were having trouble in installing softwares.
    But I am glad they didn't implemented in Fedora & Mint.

I agree on part of user-friendly.
    I heard my friends Q_Qing,"Dude where's minimise button? holy cow it's on left side,weird".
    "Man I cant listen songs, I need something called Codecs, Shit i have to download it now? Crap, I hate linux ... going back to Winblows"

& I can't control my laugh ๐Ÿ˜
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Ubuntu software center is one of the biggest step cannonical has taken to make ubuntu user friendly. And as Bggie said, its just crowd effect, otherwise ubuntu is not that hard to get familiar with. It has become so user friendly that now you can install software with a single click. You dont need to find repositories and install it using command lines. Well, gaming is surely going to be a plus point and I am sure windows is going to suffer....๐Ÿ˜‰
  • Indrajeet Roy
    Indrajeet Roy
    I have always been a fan of Linux, Ubuntu being my favorite. It's the unfortunate lack of games for Linux that kept me from migrating completely to it. I usually have Linux installed in a Virtual machine ( VMWare, in case anyone's interested) and run it through there. I used to have it on dual boot, but then I needed to remove the Linux and had to format my C drive. Disaster, that.

The user interface that windows 7 has now Linux got years ago!!
    Love it!!!!๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have been trying to attach a file in my gmail account but its not done. Infact the pop up window also does not open. I tried it from 3...
It is a machine that uses a wire to cut the metals. Gears are made through this machine. I know only this much about it.. Do anyone know more about...
Name: Sanjay Bhagat *Engineering Trade:Chemical Location: Akola Maharashtra *Occupation: Working Work Experience: Production ,R&D Education *Hobbies & Interests: Traveling *Aim in life: Social worker *I joined CrazyEngineers because: To be...
Hi, All friends , My name is hinesh gohel. I have completed my Diploma (ECE) with 66%. I have just finished my b.tech (ECE), final semester exams, and waiting for...
Until now, it was not officially possible for Indian Android developers to sell their paid apps in the Google Play store. However, with a recent announcement on their blog, Google...