tyres which can take metal from road by electrical means

Is it possible to make tyres which left or pick metal which causes puncture,damage,etc.,
while driving!
i have an idea,magnet can lift metal but how can it be applicable?๐Ÿ˜”
from two wheel to four wheel.

I) HOW IT CAN BE DESIGN?
II) STORAGE SYSTEM ?
III) MECHANISM?
IV) OTHER FACTOR etc,๐Ÿ˜’

Replies

• Gurjap
    Gurjap
    you need to explain a little bit. are you talking about suspending a magnet in front of the tire so it will pick up metallic bits before the puncture the tire?

if yeah, you are probably looking for a neodynium-based permanent magnet, or some electromagnet driven by the vehicle alternator... uh, battery, because I think the alternator makes ac current ๐Ÿ˜›

anyway, you'll need to find out how much strength the magnet will need to have.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    No, I second Gurjap. (sorry mate)

He is partly true. You can have a magnet, but if we pick up every metal particle from roads, and it remains sticking to tyres, tell me is it practical?
    Instead we should have a mechanism which will make metal pieces to leave the path of your car.

Let us say we can have an air blowing mechanism which will blow away those particles safely. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    In both the cases we have to consider very important parameter i.e, speed. At higher speed you strong magnetic field & strong blower. We have very less time to do this thing.
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    @ gg_gaurav - true enough. but it's still fun to consider ๐Ÿ˜€

I don't think we'll able to make a simplistic mechanism which will be worth the money. There is always that radiation-based mechanism which will detect the metal beforehand, prepare the removal mechanism and take it out in time. Will it be worth the money?
  • Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    No idea...๐Ÿ˜ฒ
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    can use the principle of electromagnetism
  • NAVATHE SACHIN
    NAVATHE SACHIN
    In these days the tyres are made tubeless.so,using this mechanism is not necessary.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Abetter idea will be for a cleaning agency to magnetically sweep the roads at off peak hours at a much slower speed. Even then only ferrous sharps will be picked up. Non magnetic glass/ceramic/nonferrous sharps will not be.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Fabrication of queries controlling system for two wheeler Fabrication of man less defense GPS based vehicle root tracking system Fabrication of Two Engine Synchronization for Four Wheeler Design and development...
Just to say hello to everyone in this forum. Hoping to enjoy it ๐Ÿ˜€
Hi Friends, Having all the CEans's talents together, why are we outsourcing the quiz engine to Zoho or someone? Why can't we make our own Quiz Engine and publish? I...
I find it interesting to see big engineering names, aspirants and engineers here. I feel nice to be here in the community.
If dsl technology doesn't require the conversion of analog to digital and digital to analog, then, what is the need of an ADSL modem?