Twitter’s new Notification Filters to help combat trolls and online harassments

Continuing with a slew of measures which started early this year to curb abusive trolls, Twitter Inc. has incorporated a new feature of -‘Advanced Filter Settings’ on Monday to help users disable notifications from accounts they want to avoid. Big tech-giants as Twitter and Facebook Inc have time and again been lambasted for failing to tackle cyber-bullying, fake news and extremist propaganda on their platforms.

twitter-image

So as a measure to clean up the act Twitter now allows its users to mute notifications from the new accounts as well as from accounts that do not follow them. The new updated feature intended to give the users more control however does not block people; it just makes sure that one doesn't receive notifications from them.

To try out the new filtering options, Go to your Notifications timeline and tap on the gear icon on the upper right corner followed by tapping on Advanced filters option. Drag the slider next to your preferred filter(s) to mute the notifications. For a web browser, click on the notifications timeline, settings, and then click to turn on the preferred filters. The filters are optional, and won't affect notifications from people one follows.

twitter-notifications

Twitter in an#-Link-Snipped-# to counter abusive trend on its platform had stopped the creation of accounts by repeat offenders. The other steps included options of safe search, identifying and collapsing low-quality replies which may contain potentially abusive language. The tech-giant made it clear that these efforts are directed to make Twitter a safe space where people can express themselves freely, encouraging feedback from its users to further improve its services.

Source: twitter.com

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello. I'm doing B.Sc Marine Engineering @ Ocean University of Sri Lanka. Now I'm in final year. I'm looking for project titles for my final year project. so please kindly...
HI all. I am new to CE. consider this situation: we have an induction motor in hand , which is of capacitor-start-capacitor-run type. the datasheet of the motor says that...
Scientists at the Indian Institute of Science, Education and Research aka IISER at Thiruvananthapuram have developed an innovative, inexpensive and eco-friendly way of cleaning up oil spills from sea. The...
The Chinese electronics major Xiaomi, also known as the 'Apple of China', has launched a special edition of its Mi Note 2 phone. This new model is equipped with powerful...
I am in need of an innovative project idea in mechanical engineering field.If it is of agriculture based, it is also welcome. The project idea should be of not case...