Twitter’s New Mute Function Helps You Shut Up Rants By Friends

If you are active on Twitter, sometime or the other you would have wished to remove all the irritating and endless tweets from your timeline without having to un-follow someone. The only problem was that, the person did this on certain occasions and un-following them was not an option since they would know about it. Now though things are about to change with Twitter’s new ‘Mute’ feature. If you find your friend’s tweets irritating then all you have to do is select ‘More’ option on one of their tweets or head over to their page on web, Android or iOS app and select the ‘Mute’ option.

canvas

The best thing about ‘Mute’ is that Twitter does not tell the other person that you have muted him/her and you can undo it at any time. Once you ‘Mute’ a user you will no longer receive SMS or push notifications from that user. The muted user will be able to view, favorite, reply and retweet your tweets but you will not be able to see that activity on your timeline. The feature is being rolled out to users gradually. Until you receive the update, you can take a few hints from members on our forum on How to stop tweets appearing on timeline without unfollowing on Twitter?. If you have received this update, try it out and let us know.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Finally a good feature...

I hope it becomes active for all profiles soon..
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    There were few options available specific to Android or iPhone for muting the post or filtering the tweet you want see, Few of them are list in this discussion:

#-Link-Snipped-#

However twitter seems to have given the best solution of the problem with the MUTE feature. Totally Loved this.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Did you know that you can quickly turn your headphone into a microphone? And there's no rocket science or audio engineering involved. All you need to do is plug-in your...
Github's text editor 'Atom' is now open for public, free & fully hackable (opensource). For MAC users downloads are available in official website https://atom.io/ , for other OS users, you...
I have updated my job but it does not show. How can i show my new job status on facebook to all friends. Please refer attached snapshot. Thanks in advance.
Malik Naeem Nisar submitted a new project: PicDevUSB - PicDevUSB A dirt cheap tiny USB enabled PIC Microcontroller Development Board Do you need a cheap , tiny PIC Microcontroller Development...