Twitter

Hey Ceans,

How many of you are on Twitter? Its this great new micro blogging phenomenon doing the circles. If you are then ping me @ #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    Can you tell us about twitter, I do not even know what it is?!
    I remember "twitterpated" from the movie Bambi however I am sure this is different!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    gohm
    Can you tell us about twitter, I do not even know what it is?!
    I remember "twitterpated" from the movie Bambi however I am sure this is different!
    Ah, you are so 2006ish, Gohm! ๐Ÿ˜ Twitter is mini-blogging system that allows you to keep the world updated with latest minute-by-minute information about you.

I don't use twitter but its the hottest thing on the internet these days.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Biggie, the great thing about it is, that I have this firefox add-on called as TwitterFox, that sits on my firefox. So I do not need to go to that site. Whenever I open a window, I get all my twitter updates.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    kidakaka
    Biggie, the great thing about it is, that I have this firefox add-on called as TwitterFox, that sits on my firefox. So I do not need to go to that site. Whenever I open a window, I get all my twitter updates.
    Yeh, I heard about TwitterFox! Maybe I'll start using it too.
  • gohm
    gohm
    Wow, I've moved up to 2006?! I still miss overhead projectors, 8 track & Aplle IIc computers! laugh

Seriously though thanks for the info as I am not familiar with the whole blogging/Myspace/facebook thing.

The_Big_K
    Ah, you are so 2006ish, Gohm! ๐Ÿ˜ Twitter is mini-blogging system that allows you to keep the world updated with latest minute-by-minute information about you.

I don't use twitter but its the hottest thing on the internet these days.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    gohm
    Wow, I've moved up to 2006?! I still miss overhead projectors, 8 track & Aplle IIc computers! laugh

Seriously though thanks for the info as I am not familiar with the whole blogging/Myspace/facebook thing.
    Overhead projectors are the bomb! I feel that the powerpoint presentations with the new projectors are so ineffective in class. I always sleep! *yawns*

This twitter thing looks interesting! but, perhaps its too.. I dunno.. public? Do you really want friends to know what you are doing every minute? ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ash
    I always sleep! *yawns*
    Don't worry, everybody does!

ash
    This twitter thing looks interesting! but, perhaps its too.. I dunno.. public? Do you really want friends to know what you are doing every minute? ๐Ÿ˜›
    Try using and and I bet you will be surprized! ๐Ÿ˜
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Come to think of it, isnt it like the "wall" in facebook?
  • gohm
    gohm
    Where do these people get the time to do these blogs & Myspace pages?! I am content chatting on here and a couple motorcycle/racing forums. Do blogs allow for as much interaction as a forum? I would think not, which is what I like about a forum. Also have to designate time for other hobbies (bikes/riding, music, etc) Friends I prefer phone or in-person. E-mail a little. Guess I am old, even though I'm only 36! lol That's what happens when you get stuck in '06! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    gohm
    Where do these people get the time to do these blogs & Myspace pages?! I am content chatting on here and a couple motorcycle/racing forums. Do blogs allow for as much interaction as a forum? I would think not, which is what I like about a forum. Also have to designate time for other hobbies (bikes/riding, music, etc) Friends I prefer phone or in-person. E-mail a little. Guess I am old, even though I'm only 36! lol That's what happens when you get stuck in '06! ๐Ÿ˜€

Blogs & all the new internet stuff is (in IMHO) for people who lack social life ๐Ÿ˜.

My friends hate the fact that I'm not on Orkut. ๐Ÿ˜’ Meh!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Hey, leave blogs out of it! ๐Ÿ˜› It's a form of expressing your thoughts or ideas. Blogs are also quite useful to assimilate information into once place, like the latest technology updates or what not. Good examples include Gizmodo, Lifehacker, Hackaday and a quite interesting Treehugger.

Of course, I do hate it when bloggers get too personal/emotional/angry and seek attention.

Gohm, don't you use MSN or other chat software at least? And by the way, engineers are never old.. they are eternal! (as Big K puts it, haha)
  • gohm
    gohm
    Nope, I do not use msn or yahoo type chat or instant messaging software, sorry. ๐Ÿ˜€

ash
    Hey, leave blogs out of it! ๐Ÿ˜› It's a form of expressing your thoughts or ideas. Blogs are also quite useful to assimilate information into once place, like the latest technology updates or what not. Good examples include Gizmodo, Lifehacker, Hackaday and a quite interesting Treehugger.

Of course, I do hate it when bloggers get too personal/emotional/angry and seek attention.

Gohm, don't you use MSN or other chat software at least? And by the way, engineers are never old.. they are eternal! (as Big K puts it, haha)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have only 2 opitons for graphics resolution 800x600 or 1280x1024 that is either the icons are too big or too small. Thanks
Hiii.... I want to know that why the use of antivirus slows down the computer although it may not be of very large size please tell me some latest antivirus...
Hi all, I want your advice in deciding whether i should go for career in networking or in database administartion. For 6 months i worked on networks,then i changed my...
CEans, Most of you must have heard about the GRID computing. I've heard few people say that its Internet 2.0. I, however, think that its not something 'new'. Or is...

job

i want foreign job immediatedly please help me how to apply