Twitter On Airtel Will Be Free!

Twitter is in talks with Airtel - the Indian major telecom giant to offer free twitter access to all Airtel subscribers. The official announcement is expected to follow in the next few days. At present, Airtel subscribers can access Twitter and send Tweets over SMS using the shortcode 53000. I think idea, reliance, docomo and other major networks in India will follow the trend. The young subscribers are hooked to these social networking websites and use it to upload photos and share real time status updates within their friend circle.

Replies

• Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    This offer was given by Facebook earlier. Even today, Airtel provides the basic Facebook interface for Rs0.10 per entry via the mobile phones. I'm using it!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If Tatas can launch 'nano' for Rs. 1,00,000; Mahindra does not want to be left behind in the race. The company announced plans to launch a mini-SUV in Indian markets...
The news of recession hitting asian companies seems to be rumors - Infosys, the Indian IT company is recruiting at higher pace in India and has announced plans to hire...
Please suggest Alloy/Temper for: Aluminium Extruded Pipe End-Use: Rollers for Flexo and Roto Grauvure printing machines. Appreciate your help. I have been trying to figure this question out.
CEans who are going to take up the CAT 2011 (which starts from the day after tomorrow) please go through the following link for a smooth experience 😀 https://www.catiim.in/pdf/CAT%202011%20-%20Helpful%20Tips%20for%20Smooth%20Experience.pdf All...
Hi, I am student electrical engineer and I should probably know this stuff but I am trying to work out how to determine the required short circuit current rating of...