Tweenbots project finds people really do care about robots, for now

#-Link-Snipped-#
We've already seen a fair bit of #-Link-Snipped-# suggesting that humans can quickly form bonds with robots, and it looks like #-Link-Snipped-#'s Kacie Kinzer has now thrown some additional, adorable fodder into the mix. Apparently, she's spent the past few months sending a robot, or "Tweenbot," aimlessly wandering through New York's Washington Square Park in the hope that passers-by would take time from their busy day to help guide it from one corner of the park to the other -- or at least point it in the right direction. As you may be pleased to know, it turns out that plenty of folks were more than happy to help out the little bot, and it was even able to complete its journey in as little as little as 42 minutes with the help of 29 people. Of course, no one sends a smiling cardboard robot out into the wild without capturing a bit of video, so head on past the break for it, and hit up the link below for glimpse at some future Tweenbots.

[Via #-Link-Snipped-#]​
#-Link-Snipped-#

Filed under: #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-# originally appeared on Engadget | Technology News & Reviews on Mon, 13 Apr 2009 13:16:00 EST. Please see our #-Link-Snipped-#.

#-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-# | #-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Thats cute, haha. It'll never work in my city though.. a lot of us are so obnoxious and selfish. Probably steal the robots and cannibalize the parts.

I must admit, the graduate courses they have at ITP, NYU, are quite interesting. A mix of engineering, arts and social sciences.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As Apple's App Store continues its countdown to 1 billion apps downloaded, Compete has released the results of a rather humorous study of iPhone users. Apparently, for all the bells...
I don't understand where I am making an error. But it's giving me an error.
​Well, well, what do we have here? It seems Nikon's still unannounced D5000 can't seem to wait for an official unveil. Israeli site DTown has published what appears to be...
Here are pictures of my Motorcycle in its latest avatar and a few others from various Biker meets or Bike shows. First I will post pics of my Motorcycle.
Yo guys! Looks like there are some gamers here at CE. How often do you guys play online though? Perhaps we can create some clans for specific genre of games...