Tutorials Required For Creating Icon (In Inkscape Or GIMP)

I am doing my last year project which is based on Rove/Robot. I am not going to halt the project even after my Bachelor's is complete, I will keep on adding features until it become very smart.

So, I want to give it a good logo for the project. Can anyone here teach me how to create a logo ? I would like to have nice logo like that of Autobots of Tansformers. Not exactly like it, but inspired of it. Can anyone out here help me to create one. I don't know how to use Inkscape or GIMP, is there anyone who have links to steps of icon creation using these tools ?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'd recommend having a basic idea of the design ready on paper. Once that part is done, creating a logo in InkScape (recommended, because it'd be a vector) would not be very difficult. Following video tutorial shows how to create a logo and also introduces the tools you will be using frequently -

Do you find it useful?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I have tried my hands on Inkscape so in case you need I can help you in editing. *limited knowledge only* 😉
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I will try creating sample logo using Inkscape & will give feedback asap. Designing is damn boring!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It seems that the day is not far away when we will also be able to perform telepathy like Professor Charles Xavier, the famous mutant from Marvel’s X-Men comic series...
5) write a program to print a histogram of fibonaci series of n item i.e if input is 7 then output will be 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13...
I just want to ask that when during os booting process only page files are made in the hard disk of the programs present,then if the virtual memory is made...
Quote: It's been part of humanity's hygiene regimen for more than 4,000 years, but have you ever stopped to think what's actually in the stuff you're smearing across your teeth?...
OPPO Mobile India is here with the new iteration of their old smartphone by launching the OPPO Neo 3, a Dual SIM Android phone that's priced at Rs. 10,990. The...