Turbo Machines

I intend to carry out a research based project on Turbo Machines especially for CNG vehicles, I wanted to know the amount of the gas being dispersed in an IC engine, I intend to know the flow rate of the gas. Also if I am not wrong the gas gets dispersed at atmospheric pressure, so what type of pressure regulators are used which have the capacity of turning down the pressure ratio of whopping 200 :1 ?

Replies

• ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    CNG vehicles?? will you please explain it ?
  • yogeshbedekar
    yogeshbedekar
    CNG vehicles... Compressed Natural gas driven vehicles.....i intend to carry out a a soultion to the problem faced in turbochargers which is turbolag......so wanted the related information..
  • gohm
    gohm
    There is no uniform flow rate of injectors in an ICE. It will vary not only by engine build, but individual unit mapping and power curve anf a/f ratio results wanted (hp/tq via dyno). Modern engines even self adjust based on load applied and octane level of fuel used.
  • yogeshbedekar
    yogeshbedekar
    I appreciate your reply, I actually wanted to know roughly the gas injection rate when an engine of 1.2 L is running at max throttle and at peak RPM.
  • gohm
    gohm
    That's actually what I was referring to, it will totally depend on the individual fuel mapping that determines that. If you have a specific 1.2L engine in mind, then that flow rate average could be researched.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Gmail is now capable of showing the contents of ZIP and RAR file archives - without downloading 😀. I believe this feature is incredibly useful for everyone. Imagine when your...
They say which Python version you ought to use is mostly dependent on what you want to get done. There's a few downsides to Python 3.x such as comparatively limited...
Get introduced to Production of Screw Threads Lecture Series on Manufacturing Processes II by Prof. A. B. Chattopadhyay, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Kharagpur. Feel Free to discuss and ask...
Lecture Series on "Gear Manufacturing" explained. Manufacturing Processes II by Prof. A. B. Chattopadhyay, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Kharagpur. Feel Free to discuss and ask questions.
Mechanical engineering video lecture on Jigs and Fixtures For Machine Shops Lecture Series on Manufacturing Processes II by Prof. A. B. Chattopadhyay, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Kharagpur. Feel Free...