Turbo Charger For Two Wheeler?

hi this is veerababu and i am an automobile engineering final year student.i have to make a project.
and i have a thought about turbo charger for two wheeler is it possible ?
can i install the turbo charger to tvs apache rtr 180

Replies

• Umer999
    Umer999
    Turbo charger can only be used in diesel engines..there are no or few diesel bikes in india..so your project is not feasible
  • appikatla.veerababu
    appikatla.veerababu
    i saw some videos that turbo installed for two wheeler..why not we try in petrol engine bikes
  • Anthony DeGrote
    Anthony DeGrote
    appikatla.veerababu
    hi this is veerababu and i am an automobile engineering final year student.i have to make a project.
    and i have a thought about turbo charger for two wheeler is it possible ?
    can i install the turbo charger to tvs apache rtr 180
    I am not familiar with this model of bike, but it should be possible to mount a turbo to it. It does not have to be a diesel motor to use a turbo. You will need to tune the motor for the new setup and being carbureted you may have some issues. Being able to have several parameter maps is one main advantage of fuel injection/computer controlled ignition over carburation. The 9.5:1 compression ratio is too high for anything but a small turbo, unless you plan to run only on high octane fuel.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can somebody suggest which is the best PLC/SCADA/DCS automation training centre in Bangalore????
Can u suggest some minor projects related to civil engineering, which are time saving as well as benificial to boost some important concepts?
To keep all the couch potatoes hooked to their television sets and letting them do more with their existing set top box connection than just watch daily soaps and movies,...
Hi, I am currently working as a fresher in a MNC. I passed out in May 2015 and didn't attend the gate exam, as I was more focused towards placements....
Born and brought up in a small town in Chattisgarh, Gaurav Agrawal studied in 6 different schools till class 12th. His family is entirely into business, but the IIT BHU...