TTT diagram in heating

HI all, i'm an italian student, i'm working on a fem metallurgical simulation of a ring ( AISI 4140) normalized after forging and then quenched. I'm having a problem gathering TTT diagrams for the heating part, the austenitization above A3 until i have 100% austenite and no more residual carbides. I only found a CHT (continuous heating trasformation). I need TTT to fit parameters of Leblond equation, especially the TAU parameter (delay time). Any suggestion? this is a strategical part because the amount of residual carbides after normalization changes the final result and can generate distortion.

thx you all

Replies

• Lisson
    Lisson
    Hello!

Very interesting what you are trying to do.
    It's a great coincidence, because I am trying to do the same simulation.

I am a Mechanical Engineering (not Metallurgical) and I have had problems for getting quench distortions.
    I got a distortion case to try to reproduce it, but there is something wrong with my model.
    Maybe we could exchange information and try to do it.

Send me an e-mail:

Thanks.

Lisson.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Auto irrigation system I am planing to do the project for my final year on auto irrigation and crop management i need to use more than six sensors and display...
Terrafugia held a press conference today at AirVenture in Oshkosh, Wisconsin to unveil the next generation design of the Transition® street-legal airplane. The event, where a scale model was unveild,...
I've been hearing a lot about Google Chrome Canary Build (still in Dev stage, but you can download it!) Lifehacker says - If you grab and install a Canary Build,...
CEans, Mohit Kumar (CEan mohit007kumar00) is one of the most active CEans on CrazyEngineers – He’s been instumental in keeping CE active and helping members with their technical, non-technical doubts....
Hi CEans, TUV SUD is a German company which checks the quality of the product for almost every brand.It actually is one of the or might be the best quality...