TRY A NEW ONE ON TRUE PUZZLE

now, try this one ...
there are 5 guys , 4 of which are toggler and 1 is truth-teller .
(toggler r those who say truth at one time and then false at next time. while truth-teller will always say truth).
Also assume all 5 guys are identical .
now, you are given two chance to ask questions... so How will you find who is the truth teller??

Replies

• pikachu1994
    pikachu1994
    I may ask the same question for both the chances.so that the guy who tell the same answer both the time must be the truth-teller
  • sndgpr26
    sndgpr26
    pikachu1994
    I may ask the same question for both the chances.so that the guy who tell the same answer both the time must be the truth-teller
    and if his answer varies then what will u do??
  • pikachu1994
    pikachu1994
    right,what"ll I do?😨
  • clZazy
    clZazy
    I will ask same question to the same guy(any one of the five).
    now if the answer is same for both the questions then the guy to whom I am asking questions is the truth teller.
    if the answers are different then the one guy about which the answer is different from the other three is the truth teller.
  • sndgpr26
    sndgpr26
    clZazy
    I will ask same question to the same guy(any one of the five).
    now if the answer is same for both the questions then the guy to whom I am asking questions is the truth teller.
    if the answers are different then the one guy about which the answer is different from the other three is the truth teller.
    but how it will be justified that which time is he telling the truth???
    may it be the 1st time or the second !!!
  • clZazy
    clZazy
    it doesn't matter when he's telling the truth. our main aim is to find the truth teller anyhow. i think you didn't understood my second possibility.
    well for example I ask anyone of them "who are you?"
    now two possibilities are their:-
    1. he says he is the truth teller:- now further in this case their are two possibilities:-
    a. he is a truth teller :- he will tell truth again.
    b. he is a toggler who's not telling truth :- he will also tell truth for the second question

now for both the possibilities of the first case this guy will tell the truth and hence I will ask "who is the truth teller?"

2. or if he says he is not the truth teller:- then he is definitely a toggler who's telling the truth:- now he will not tell the truth for the second question that's why I will ask him "who is not the truth teller?"

looks a bit complicated but its not.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What is the difference between GSM and CDMA SIM card?
Can someone explain this project to me??I just did'nt understand its working.
engine can use a fuel as petrol or diesel now day's water is going to fuel but a fuel less engine which get some fuel as stationery according to thermodynamic...
plz help me with some innovative ideas for 4th year mini and major projects....for electronics and communication department!!!!!
Hola... Mellamo Sidharth .... i stay in delhi...i completed my engineering in computer science in june 2012 and am eagerly waiting for my joining from L&T infotech......... i got placed...