Trojans - how to remove?

hi guys a few days ago my pc got infected with some trojan (which i got from a pendrive from my friend). this trojan immediately restricted my access to
1) task manager
2) regedit
3) folder options
these tojans are programmed by someone(i don't have a clue about their reason...) so how is this achieved through programming? i mean how can you stop the administrator from accessing the task manager and stuff?
does anyone have any idea??
thanks ... c ya!

Replies

• Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Is the question - Trojans how to remove? or how to write 😀
    Anyways, a simpler version of the same can be found if you read Yashwant Kanetkar's TSRs in C (its not a trojan, but a memory resident program).

So effectively, your trojan could be one such program which detects that the user has initiated the task manager (taskman.exe) or the registry editor (regedit.exe) and makes some entries in your registry to disable the folder options.

Try some simple steps to take this thing out -
    1. boot in safe mode
    2. start->run->msconfig.exe (and empty the start up list)
    3. in registry, check in hk_current_user->software->MicroSoft->Windoze->Current Version
    ->Run (empty this list as well ... if you have issues with playing your registry, back it up)
    4. in registry, check in hk_local_machine->software->MicroSoft->Windoze->Current Version
    ->Run (empty this list as well ... if you have issues with playing your registry, back it up)

If this does not work, then install a good AV that scans the memory + hdd on installation itself. I would recommend NOD32.

If all fails, theres always re-install.

If that fails, welcome to linux 😀
  • scandalouskk
    scandalouskk
    Pen drive problem

Hello ,
    my pen drive is detecting when it is inserted into port.
    When i tried to open, system displays an message "INSERT DISK INTO DRIVE "..
    My keyboard and mouse are working properly which when connected through same port.
    I tried at different port but in vain.
    wat shall i do???
    Thx in advance😒
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Re: Pen drive problem

scandalouskk
    Hello ,
    My keyboard and mouse are working properly which when connected through same port.
    wat shall i do???
    Thx in advance😒
    Are you using Desktop or Laptop, specially HP one?

If so, it gives this error sometimes, use to insert your USB in other port. Also If you are using your workplace machine, its quite possible that they have disabled the usb port for flash drive using registry keys. In that case you need to figure our which registry keys they have disabled.

Generally they change the value of USBTOR to 4 in place of 3, actually I saw this in 2 companies so I am telling you the experience. To make it work search the above mentioned registry and set the value to 3 and re-plugged flash drive. It may work sometime.

--Crazy 😁
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Re: Pen drive problem

scandalouskk
    Hello ,
    wat shall i do???
    Thx in advance😒

I forgot to tell you.. Do not mix the threads. This thread was for Trojan problem and you have asked question for Pen drive, start a new thread for such problems.

-Crazy
  • anuragh27crony
    anuragh27crony
    simple
    hi guys a few days ago my pc got infected with some trojan (which i got from a pendrive from my friend). this trojan immediately restricted my access to
    1) task manager
    2) regedit
    3) folder options
    Generally these kind of trojans ... disables services in registry.... by modifying their values ......... these can be removed by using spyware/AV softwares....

I have script file which can reset your registry (taskmanager,regedit,folder) values....

just send me a Private Message with your Mail_ID ..i'll send it to you ....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi CEans, Can anyone of you throw light on the 'life of LCD TV'? What does the term 'viewing hours' refer to and what happens to the screen once the...
Need some different ideas about project work. My name is Vinoth Sundar and I am just a registered member of CrazyEngineers and I am pretty clueless about which project to...
hi there peeps I need some help urgently....i am trying to program a pic16F877 using MPLAB v5.70.40. I have an ICD1? how do i go about doing this....i have the...
I just joined today so here is some information about myself Name: Abhilash Hota Trade: Electronics & Communication Location: Bhopal, India Occupation: Student( B.E. Fifth Semester university exams going on)...
Hello CEans, This is some information about me as a new CEan.. Name: Jack Robinson Engineering Trade: none as i am a CA from knowyourmoney.co.uk Location: UK. Occupation: Student Hobbies...