Tricky Questions

Here are five tricky(but very simple for all our brainy CEans)questions that i got through mail .let's see how many you can answer!
1. A murderer is condemned to death. He has to choose between three rooms. The first is full of ragingfires, the second is full of assassins with loaded guns, and the third is full of lions that haven't eaten in 3 years. Which room is safest for him?

2. A woman shoots her husband. Then she holds him under water for over 5 minutes. Finally, she hangs him. But 5 minutes later they both go out and enjoy a wonderful dinner together. How can this be?

3. What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and grey when you throw it away?

4. Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Wednesday, Friday, or Sunday?

5. This is an unusual paragraph. I'm curious as to just how quickly you can find out what is so unusual about it. It looks so ordinary and plain that you would think nothing was wrong with it. In fact, nothing iswrong with it! But it is highly unusual, though. Study it and think about it, but you still may not find anything odd. But if you work at it a bit, you might find out. Try to do so without any coaching!

Replies

• shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    1. One with full of lions because they all will die in 3 years.
    2. Photo-shoot
    3. Charcoal
    4. yesterday, today and tomorrow
    5. * just a time-waste paragraph *
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Edit: Shalini posted her response while I was composing this post! :neutral:
    1. Lions that haven't eaten in 3 years - Oh Oh!
    2. The woman is a photographer. So that explain everything.
    3. Coal.
    4. ?? Is it like today, yesterday, tomorrow
    5. I knew this one - the sentence does not contain most used letter 'e' 😉
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Biggie has got all answers correct.
    Shalini missed out on one. Nothing left for me or anyone else to answer.
  • Yamini L
    Yamini L
    Yeah,you are right patty.I should have mentioned that one CEan should answer only one question ;-) so that atleast 5 would have got a chance.
  • Yamini L
    Yamini L
    A little intelligence test for all CEans..

1. Some months have 30 days, some months have 31 days. How many months have 28 days?

2. If a doctor gives you 3 pills and tells you to take one pill every half hour, how long would it be before all the pills had been taken?

3. I went to bed at eight 8 'clock in the evening and wound up my clock and set the alarm to sound at 9 'clock in the morning. How many hours sleep would I get before being awoken by the alarm?

4. Divide 30 by half and add ten. What do you get?

5. A farmer had 17 sheep. All but 9 died. How many live sheep were left?

6. If you had only one match and entered a COLD and DARK room, where there was an oil heater, an oil lamp and a candle, which would you light first?

7. A man builds a house with four sides of rectangular construction, each side having a southern exposure. A big bear comes along. What color is the bear?

8. Take 2 apples from 3 apples. What do you have?

9. How many animals of each species did Moses take with him in the Ark?

10. If you drove a bus with 43 people on board from Chicago and stopped at Pittsburgh to pick up 7 more people and drop off 5 passengers and at Cleveland to drop off 8 passengers and pick up 4 more and eventually arrive at Philadelphia 20 hours later, What's the name of the driver?
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    ha ha ha.. Good questions.
    Although I know the answers to all the questions, I'd wait for the other CEans to try their hands at it before I give my shot..
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Yet, I'll answer only my favorite question here.. It's question 8.

8. Take 2 apples from 3 apples. What do you have?
    Ans : You will have 2 apples.

PS - I heard some other version of this question. That is,

You have many apples.You take 5 apples in one hand and 4 in the other. What do you have?
    Ans : Very big hands..
    😀😀
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    1. 1 month i.e. February but not during leap year.
    2. 1 hr
    3. 13 hrs.
    4. 70
    5. 9
    6. The match
    7. White. It is a polar bear and the house is in the North Pole.
    8. 2 apples
    9. 2 (1 male and 1 female)
    10. Whatever my name is.
  • Yamini L
    Yamini L
    Check out first,third and ninth question again..
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    Well done raj,
    Qn 1 answer is 12 months.
    Qn 9 I guess Ark was Noah's right ?
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    The only other answer for Q1 it takes earth 365.25 days to make one revolution around the sun. We take 365 days for 3 years and then add the build up 1 day in the fourth year.
    or you can go with Shalini's answer which is correct.

For Q3. I assumed a digital clock such as in my cell phone where A.M. and P.M. are specified. In case of a classic or clock with hands, you would get an hours sleep.

Q9. I stick with my previous answer.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    For 9th question, Shalini is correct.
    It's Noah who collected all the animals, not Moses.
    Hence it's called the Noah's ark.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Notice a hidden symbol in the Federal Express logo ​ The 'arrow' that you can see between the E and the x in this logo. The arrow was introduced to...
Hi all I'm a computer science grad and wish to pursue a career in web development. 😁
Hai,i have some idea to build robot using clock/gear concept and maybe with some electronic base.but i don't know if this clock concept can make robot.so i need CE member...
Note: ABC1.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations. Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details. Now when i use : javac ABC1.java -Xlint ABC1.java:26: warning: [unchecked] unchecked call to add(E) as a...
😔😔😔 can i use printer in my c programme for printing my bill in project.. i have used graphics... thaqnk you