08 Sep 2007

Transparent PNG image problem in IE 6.0

Hello CEans!

I hope someone will help me fix this. The .png images with a transparent background doesn't work in IE 6.0.

Internet explorer retains the background as "white" instead of the under laying image. This however works perfect with I.E 7 (Beta) and Firefox.

I checked it with Safari (iMac). Works perfect.

Now, does anyone know how to fix this? I think the problem is with gamma rendering. I'm not really skilled in Photoshop though 😁

-The Big K-
12 years ago
I was expecting a fast reply. 😲

Anyway. I found out a workaround to handle the problem.

The discussion thread will remain open if anyone wants to add to it.

-The Big K-
xheavenlyx

xheavenlyx

Electronics and Communication
12 years ago
You were being very optimistic 😛

Ihad to wait 4 days to get 5 replies!!! lol, anyway I dont really use IE6, dont like it, not 7 cuz its very heavy.

If you want anything done on photoshot, let me know. Im putting up my artwork on davient art soon.
12 years ago
xheavenlyx
You were being very optimistic 😛

Ihad to wait 4 days to get 5 replies!!! lol, anyway I dont really use IE6, dont like it, not 7 cuz its very heavy.

If you want anything done on photoshot, let me know. Im putting up my artwork on davient art soon.
Davient art! 😁 Great!

The problem I guess has been solved by using a workaround. Btw, why don't you design a mascot for CrazyEngineers? 😉

-The Big K-
Ashraf HZ

Ashraf HZ

Communications
11 years ago
Oh, what's the workaround, Big K?

And you guys are talking about Deviant Art right? I was wondering for a second if there was another one called Davient 😛 xheavenlyx, please tell us your username there, we wanna check out your artwork!
11 years ago
  • Use Firefox [​IMG] (kidding)
  • Use AlphaImageLoader filter. Check
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/filter/reference/filters/alphaimageloader.asp
-The Big K-
Prasad Ajinkya

Prasad Ajinkya

Branch Unspecified
11 years ago
Hmmm, even I have noticed this issue with IE. All PNG images made are not properly rendered transparently, they show up as this dull grey on the site in IE.

I stopped using two things after that -
  1. IE
  2. Transparent images
Kidding. Are you meaning web beacons biggie?

Share this content on your social channels -

Only logged in users can reply.