Transparent PNG image problem in IE 6.0

Hello CEans!

I hope someone will help me fix this. The .png images with a transparent background doesn't work in IE 6.0.

Internet explorer retains the background as "white" instead of the under laying image. This however works perfect with I.E 7 (Beta) and Firefox.

I checked it with Safari (iMac). Works perfect.

Now, does anyone know how to fix this? I think the problem is with gamma rendering. I'm not really skilled in Photoshop though ๐Ÿ˜

-The Big K-

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I was expecting a fast reply. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

Anyway. I found out a workaround to handle the problem.

The discussion thread will remain open if anyone wants to add to it.

-The Big K-
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    You were being very optimistic ๐Ÿ˜›

Ihad to wait 4 days to get 5 replies!!! lol, anyway I dont really use IE6, dont like it, not 7 cuz its very heavy.

If you want anything done on photoshot, let me know. Im putting up my artwork on davient art soon.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    xheavenlyx
    You were being very optimistic ๐Ÿ˜›

Ihad to wait 4 days to get 5 replies!!! lol, anyway I dont really use IE6, dont like it, not 7 cuz its very heavy.

If you want anything done on photoshot, let me know. Im putting up my artwork on davient art soon.
    Davient art! ๐Ÿ˜ Great!

The problem I guess has been solved by using a workaround. Btw, why don't you design a mascot for CrazyEngineers? ๐Ÿ˜‰

-The Big K-
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Oh, what's the workaround, Big K?

And you guys are talking about Deviant Art right? I was wondering for a second if there was another one called Davient ๐Ÿ˜› xheavenlyx, please tell us your username there, we wanna check out your artwork!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    • Use Firefox [โ€‹IMG] (kidding)
    • Use AlphaImageLoader filter. Check
      https://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/author/filter/reference/filters/alphaimageloader.asp
    -The Big K-
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Hmmm, even I have noticed this issue with IE. All PNG images made are not properly rendered transparently, they show up as this dull grey on the site in IE.

I stopped using two things after that -
    1. IE
    2. Transparent images
    Kidding. Are you meaning web beacons biggie?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'll tell you a secret :sshhh:. Only a few among us know about this. Take this as a tiny announcement. Did not want to start a discussion thread in announcement,...
Hi All, I am back with another question. Here it goes: What will happen to the following code? int main() { int *p = NULL ; int *&ref = p...
What is difference between logical and physical address?
Introduce Yourself- Template (Look Here First) Hi, I am a fresh graduate recently joined the company as my first job and very much serious about it. โ€‹ Name: Rahul Diyewar...
Hello CEans! I'm aware that we can do a better job with the forum structure. Our current structure is a little complex and doesn't give a feel of "Engineering Forum"....