Transmission in a cycle rickshaw......

In a manual cycle rickshaw, out of two rear wheels, only one is attached to the rear axle while the other one is kept free (it is free to rotate on the axle).
Why is it so?

Replies

• raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    To help it during turning. While taking a turn the outer wheel moves at a greater speed as it covers more distance in the same time. If both wheels are attached to the axle then thy will have the same speed and it will be difficult to take a turn.
  • Vega
    Vega
    As told by Prateek, if both rare wheels are connected to power transmission directly, it will cause skidding while turning. To overcome that, one might have to use a differential. But diff will cause a transmission power loss due to introduction of more parts. Also in bycycle, it's not justifiable.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Those who are getting pathetic download speeds with their 2.4 MBPS ZTE Device, follow these instructions: Click on Start -> In the search box, type “command prompt” On the...
When I run the command prompt in Administrator mode, and execute netsh interface tcp show global, it shows me various settings. I couldn't find much information about what exactly does...
How do you arrange/prepare the slides of a technical presentation to connect with the audience and not put them to sleep?😀 Please tell me about your seminar/ ppt experiences...however it...
i want to know about microcontroller based Automatic powerfactor controller(195)...
CEans, Many organizations pay their employees to refer candidates. If you are aware of any job openings in your company, then it won't hurt to post them here. If CEans...