Transfer Case In Automobiles

what is Transfer Case in automobiles?
how does it works?

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    This is a unit which is used in all-wheel drives (four-wheel drives).

it is connected to the engine and from this there exits two propeller shafts, each connecting to either axle.

in simple terms it is a device which equally transmits the engine power to both the axles of the vehicle.
  • white_hat
    white_hat
    The position of transfer case is to the side of gearbox, not in the same line as that of engine and gear box.
    Transfer case is employed in a four wheel drive vehicle.It is used to drive the front axle, you can select between 2wd and 4wd.Another use is torque multiplication, a 4wd high and low gear is possible.
    4WD low gear is used for extreme offroading.

PS:If you get a chance to see a 4wd jeep take a look at its differentials, it will be towards one side of the vehicle not in the center.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

There is your friend in a faraway place. And we are in a time where the only means of communication is through post. There is no phone, courier, travelling to...
has any one heard of a vehicle running in benzene?
I stumbled upon this article on Pluggd.In : https://www.pluggd.in/why-indians-do-not-buy-online-297/ . The article tries to find out the reason why Indians do not prefer purchasing online. The article starts with stats...
My Name is Bharat District: Tando Mohammad Khan Sindh Pakistan I am Studying Engennering Physics in Sindh University Pakistan I am intersted in tracing mobile no becuase today'd Generation is...
Name:My name is Ekta. I am a 2nd Year IT engineering student. I love reading books of genres like classics, crime-fiction etc. Agatha Christie, Charles Dickens and Louisa May Alcott...