Train collision detection system

hello, i m 3rd yr engg student. and want to make project on train collision detection system. But without using satellite. so can any one help me to build it. i need help . plz tell me the circuit description for thatπŸ˜”

Replies

• Differential
    Differential
    Re: need an help

Hi and welcome to CE. What a nice idea you have choosen! Great! Please describe a little more about your project and ask what you want in specific. thanks !
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Which project you want to make

The Circuit which gives warning before Collision or
    The Circuit which gives warning that at particular place there is a Collision between trains.
  • kashish0711
    kashish0711
    mam you can give ideas here and learn from other ideas and then collectively we can try to make a circuit acc to those ideas but you wont get a ready made one.
  • preeti1
    preeti1

thanks for your support. here i m sending the abstract of that project so that u can help me to build my project.

Project Abstract​
    An embedded system is a special-purpose computer system designed to perform a dedicated function. Unlike a general-purpose computer, such as a personal computer, an embedded system performs one or a few pre-defined tasks, usually with very specific requirements. Since the system is dedicated to specific tasks, design engineers can optimize it, reducing the size and cost of the product. Embedded system comprises of both hardware and software. Embedded system is fast growing technology in various fields like industrial automation, home appliances, automobiles, aeronautics etc., Embedded technology uses PC or a controller to do the specified task and the programming is done using assembly language programming or embedded C. Now a day?s accidents are increasing at a large pace, and various technologies are being introduced to reduce the accidents. In this project we are presenting a means to prevent train collision. This project ?Train Collision Detection? system consists of infrared emitter and detector placed between the rails of the track near the station which senses when the train passes and the signal is interfaced with the microcontroller which is in the station. This circuit is placed in all the stations, when two train comes on a single track the signal is detected and a voice alert is given in the station with an LCD, thus an accident can be prevented.
    ​
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya

preeti1
    This project ?Train Collision Detection? system consists of infrared emitter and detector placed between the rails of the track near the station which senses when the train passes and the signal is interfaced with the microcontroller which is in the station. This circuit is placed in all the stations, when two train comes on a single track the signal is detected and a voice alert is given in the station with an LCD, thus an accident can be prevented.
    ​
    Do you think that this system is Reliable?
  • kashish0711
    kashish0711

godfather
    Do you think that this system is Reliable?
    Nope
    The tracks should be changed automatically. πŸ˜€
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya

kashish0711
    Nope
    The tracks should be changed automatically. πŸ˜€
    Means !! πŸ˜• How it Changed?
  • kashish0711
    kashish0711

godfather
    Means !! πŸ˜• How it Changed?
    No I mean that the system provided should be equipped with technology that the tracks should be changed automatically and the TV system is not enough.
    lol
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya

kashish0711
    No I mean that the system provided should be equipped with technology that the tracks should be changed automatically and the TV system is not enough.
    lol
    Track changes available only at the Big Stations what at the Small Station where only Two tracks available no more track for spare?
  • kashish0711
    kashish0711

godfather
    Track changes available only at the Big Stations what at the Small Station where only Two tracks available no more track for spare?
    Beats me too.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Well.. if not the track change, at least the brakes should automatically be applied πŸ˜€
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Why a nice discussion had been missed?
    lets discuss it more here friends!!!!
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#
    lets roll it again!

thanks to that #-Link-Snipped-# for reintroducing.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    Why a nice discussion had been missed?
    lets discuss it more here friends!!!!
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#
    lets roll it again!

thanks to that #-Link-Snipped-# for reintroducing.
    Recently I come to know that they are using some automatic system to turn Signal lights Red and Green.
    Still some spare track is must to prevent this kind of case.
  • lal
    lal
    IIRC, Mumbai railway is alredy using something like that to prevent collision of trains. Will try to get a few details about that.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    lal
    IIRC, Mumbai railway is alredy using something like that to prevent collision of trains. Will try to get a few details about that.
    Yes, Mumbai local railway has this as they have many spare tracks I think. Main issue is how to prevent two trains on same track when you have no spare track at some remote locations.
  • lal
    lal
    I remember seeing an official from Mumbai railways demonstrating their anti collision system on National Geographics channel many months back. The engineer was standing cool on a track and two trains were approaching from opposite sides and stopped themselves within a safe distance on the same track.

It seems that the system relies on GPS and the trains communicate with each other to resolve their relative positions and speed.

Check this: Anti Collision Device
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    lal
    I remember seeing an official from Mumbai railways demonstrating their anti collision system on National Geographics channel many months back. The engineer was standing cool on a track and two trains were approaching from opposite sides and stopped themselves within a safe distance on the same track.

It seems that the system relies on GPS and the trains communicate with each other to resolve their relative positions and speed.

Check this: Anti Collision Device
    Yes it relies on GPS but what if it fails is the sole question raised by this thread starter. Is there any other system without relying GPS ?
  • lal
    lal
    SarathKumar Chandrasekaran
    Yes it relies on GPS but what if it fails is the sole question raised by this thread starter. Is there any other system without relying GPS ?
    The question was to have an alternate method than relying on satellites, not that what if it failed. The thread was started back in Train collision detection system. Five years from there, I don't think there has to be a huge concern over reliability of positioning using satellites. Technology and accuracy in positioning has grown way too much in the past five years. Even there are alternates like GLONASS. India itself is about to have its own positioning satellite cluster! I suggest you go through the wiki link. There is more than GPS there.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

​ When we were breaking down the meaty differences between the old-school 3G and the 3G S yesterday, we made an assumption about support for OpenGL ES 2.0 3D graphics...
hi hou r u I have asked the engineers and students in the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering I ask you to help me which is making the electronic...
hello all, i am a final year student in ece, ready to do a project. to be presented in the next 10 months. i have an idea of MULTI UNIVERSITY...
Here i am going to share one ppt which may be useful to other Ceans. Please Take this ppt as a Reference and also Post your Comments on this so...
Ok I think every deptt shuld have this, which is locked and contains project ideas so that people stop asking questions without even going through the other threads This could...