Traffic Lights! What are they? Are you a CEan to need them?

This video is a proof that traffic lights are unnecessary. Courtesy of FunMansion.com. We're not sure if it is shot in India or not? This makes me think, if we have the "discipline", would we really need traffic lights at crossroads?
Check out this video and then share your views and opinions.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'll agree on that. Traffic signals are such a time / fossil fuel waste. People tend to be more organized without traffic signals.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    NO Not at all. Did you see the biker at 0.48 sec? I am sure this video is fast motion of what is captured.

IF you drive in Hyd, in many areas without traffic lights, I bet many people cant cross the road. It will be ruled by Autowalas , buses and lorries 😀
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    That is how Mumbai pedestrians cooperate. 😁
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    This is just a trivial example. There are no junctions. Just two one way roads, and people are taking right to cross the road. There are much more complex junctions where the road splits into 4 or even 5 or more ways. In those cases, without signals, no amount of co-operation will be enough to ensure a smooth operation.

Even when there are signals and rules, accidents happen because we don't respect those signals or follow the rules. If even those are not there, it will only result in chaos.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Seems this is video from Surat Main Bazaar Area.😛
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Off course traffic signal a need, you can take care not to overrule but you can't rely on other😲.
    There is option of roundabout to eliminate traffic signal and solve waiting time problem. Newly establish cities like Greater Noida following this way.As I have completed my studies there, I analyzed that it works very well and i think it reduces accidents too.
    Roundabout

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Want to learn English? We've a lot of English Speaking courses. Just spotted one such institute will teach you English 'speakna'. Anyone game for this?
I am kalyani kaladi and i am new to crazyengineers, but am both crazy and an engineering student. The engineers world unites here. Hope to get clarity and give clarity....
Hi all, I am working as Manager Control and Instrumentation in a CPSU , INDIA
Facebook changed the way people communicated online. But is the change good? This debate topic is inspired from this comic I stumbled upon - Now instead of expressing your thoughts...
Almost everything seems to be online for sale; except the medicines. I wonder why haven't the pharma stores made their way to the Internet yet. This also means that there's...