1 voltage and power rating of Motors?
2 number of motors used?
3 power of diesel engine used?
4 general supply voltage?

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    In India we generally use,

1500 V DC , 25kV AC 50Hz supply all over.

There are cases where we are using multiple supplies in case of mumbai.

For diesel power, there are many varieties are used, as far as I know and read they are classified as WDM1 to WDM 7 ot 6..

The power is varied across different models, I guess google gives best answers.

The rating will be like 2600Hp to 3100 Hp.

The general supply voltage will be as per the rating of the motor as far as I think it will be at 400V to 720V.
  • Akhilesh Kumar Nair
    Akhilesh Kumar Nair
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    In India we generally use,

1500 V DC , 25kV AC 50Hz supply all over.

There are cases where we are using multiple supplies in case of mumbai.

For diesel power, there are many varieties are used, as far as I know and read they are classified as WDM1 to WDM 7 ot 6..

The power is varied across different models, I guess google gives best answers.

The rating will be like 2600Hp to 3100 Hp.

The general supply voltage will be as per the rating of the motor as far as I think it will be at 400V to 720V.
    thank you sir,although this information is sufficient for me but it will be great if you tell me keyword to search or better any link which especially tells about present Indian traction as you mentioned....
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Check for the wikipedia articles for,
    1. Locomotives of India.
    2. Railway electric traction
    3. Traction motor
    4. Diesel Locomotive.

All these articles give very good information on all the types of traction in India.

If you have any more question post it here!!

The link below has very good practical explanation of all the parts in traction.

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Akhilesh Kumar Nair
    Akhilesh Kumar Nair
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Check for the wikipedia articles for,
    1. Locomotives of India.
    2. Railway electric traction
    3. Traction motor
    4. Diesel Locomotive.

All these articles give very good information on all the types of traction in India.

If you have any more question post it here!!

The link below has very good practical explanation of all the parts in traction.

#-Link-Snipped-#
    thank you sir for help and your time...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Pixar, Walt disney, Steven Spielberg....You? Do animation and film making interest you but don't know where to start? Technovanza's workshop on Animation and Film Making that aims to teach every...
Windows is gearing up for the next round of challenge as it announced the third update some hours ago. “A bigger Start screen for more Live Tiles. A new, customizable...
I've been using Sliderocket to host my presentations online so that they can be accessed from anywhere. But since sliderocket's acquisition by ClearSlide, the service is being shut down and...
Researchers at the Karlsruhe Institute Of Technology in Baden-Württemberg have managed to achieve the unthinkable : 100 Gbps data transfer rate over wireless connection. The achievement ensures their entry into...
Statue of Unity is an upcoming civil & structural engineering marvel at the Sardar Sarovar Dam in Gujarat India. The statue, once completed, will be twice the height of Statue...