Tracking physical location in wi-fi network

Re: Multiple login problem

hey big_k...๐Ÿ˜Ž

man you are faaaast...
Or is it AI you are using...?

Nevertheless...
I shall ask you about Hacking...

I work in a wifi environ.
If someone uses my ip๐Ÿ˜ก then is then any possible way to track down his physical location.
Plz suggest...!

Replies

• Ninad
    Ninad
    Re: Multiple login problem

Hi ,
    I would like to know what kind of Wifi network you are connecting to.
    Does your network have DHCP or you are alloted static IPs ( per user basis)?

It is possible to trace the IP till the Wireless Access Point you are connected to.It means the access point can keep the track of IPs connected to it. And geographically one can broadly identify the area covered by any specific Access Point.
  • hellmate
    hellmate
    What is the IP of the far end computer.

Hey...๐Ÿ˜
    Thanx Ninad,

To all the CEans and their good friends...

Now...
    Is it possible to know while chatting to someone that what is the static IP of his computer?
    If yes, Pleaze list some methods...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Re: What is the IP of the far end computer.

hellmate
    Hey...๐Ÿ˜
    Thanx Ninad,

To all the CEans and their good friends...

Now...
    Is it possible to know while chatting to someone that what is the static IP of his computer?
    If yes, Pleaze list some methods...
    Hellmate, are you trying to crack someone's computer? We'd not allow discussions on cracking and illegal hacking.

Anything illegal is banned on CrazyEngineers ๐Ÿ˜€ . Of course, obtaining IP address shouldn't be a big deal.

-The Big K-
  • Rahul Jamgade
    Rahul Jamgade
    Hi,

Generally it is possible to track even the physical location of the person to whom you are chatting to .

You have to just send him a file over messenger. Once he accept the file and start downloading it , you have to run the command "netstat -n". Here you can find the "ESTABLISED" connection which will show the IP adress of the another person.

You can provide the IP address and can trace the physical location of the person usng the site #-Link-Snipped-#.

Rahul
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Just as a side note. Hacking doesnt need to be illegal if we use it just to learn. Not destroy someones life or PC. ๐Ÿ˜€

"You can only learn something after you break it and put it back together!" (Ofcourse, not someone elses!) ๐Ÿ˜›

Thats my rule in elecrtonics and computers.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Just as a side note. Hacking doesnt need to be illegal if we use it just to learn. Not destroy someones life or PC.
    Well, there's a rule. In a play, if you show a gun hung on the wall - some actor will use it for sure. ๐Ÿ˜’ (making sense?)

Of course there is a difference between hacking & cracking. Hacking is good and cracking is not! Of course, discussions on hacking are allowed as long as the discussion doesn't generate evil ideas. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

-The Big K-
  • $ud
    $ud
    Hi Hellmate,

Precaution is better than cure.... this is what i believe in

There is no bad in being an Hacker who knows how a cracker works, i wont be telling you any ideas of being a hacker but you can protect your wireless network by applying security on it.

For more information regarding Wi-Fi security please check

www(dot)host.co.in/forums/f20/war-driving-849/
    Note - Please replace the "dot" with an actual "."

Regards,
    Sudarshan
    One for All... All for One

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Name: Hemant Nandrajog Engineering Trade: Instrumentation and Control Occupation: Employed - System Design Engineer for Automotive electronics Work Experience: 3 years in automotive electronic systems design Hobbies & Interests: Photography,...
Just a suggestion if possible we can have a bit sober kinda theme for CE Basic SE Style theme is to bright to be browsing around with in office and...
Yet another debatable topic. Advertising, one of the most common words in the existing world. Advertising is the thing which can change the whole outlook of the product depending on...
Oh my. I just thought of a really creative and crazy idea! I guess in the Technical Section, once a week the Admins (for now), select an interesting topic related...
Hello CEans ๐Ÿ˜ ! I guess many of our new members do not know who the CEans are! Well "CEans" are not a bunch of Engineers who work behind the...