toyota iReal

Toyota's new concept personal transport the iReal:

[​IMG]

video & review located here: #-Link-Snipped-#

20 mph top speed, couple hour charge. Morphs between two settings and leans into turns like Piaggio's 3 wheeled scooter. Is this just a souped up wheelchair? Segway part II? Is this the coolest thing ever? Or an excuse for people to get lazier & fatter? Will we all have one (or want one)?

Replies

• Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    Although I would agree that Segway too is an excuse for people to get lazy and fat, Its better seems better to me than ireal.

But it is good for amputees though 😀
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    No shower or toilet facilities? 😛
  • gohm
    gohm
    why, you can just drive through a lawn sprinkler! lol

I am amazed at the design and technology of the device however however saddened by the slothness of the idea. Although if it had longer battery life via continued development, you could commute.
  • khooper
    khooper
    I like the idea, or the concept, but it is too abstract to actually make people buy it sooner than later. Maybe a redesign the #-Link-Snipped-# of the outlook should give a better shot for this concept car, but total I think it would be perfect and great!
  • Red Hawk
    Red Hawk
    this may be useful or might be a gift for the physically challenged but for normal humans, it is not advisory.. As said earlier, it makes a healthy man fattier and lazier.. If it is strictly followed that it is sold only for those challenged ones, it is a new technological advancement which should be appreciated.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Looks like a wheel chair from the future.
  • gohm
    gohm
    actually it is not designed or meant for handicapped or special needs people. It is indeed for personal transport
  • gsk_ssit
    gsk_ssit
    can i get full information about the design and ergonomics
  • Nima Ambhurkar
    Nima Ambhurkar
    We don't need it for personal transport unless we are too old to walk around. I suggest people here watch the film 'Wall-E'. It's a bit similar to the topic on this discussion. Of course, technology is taking a whole new turn, but it will make the common man lazier.
    PS: It's an animated film.
    gohm
    actually it is not designed or meant for handicapped or special needs people. It is indeed for personal transport

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am Robert Brown.I am here to share my views and thoughts about Sustainability,climate energy and to actively participate in all the board activities . I am sure to have...
CEans, We need two of you to volunteer to interview startup owners around the world. Note that we need two CEans (to start with) who - Are entreprenurial in nature,...
We generally discuss about our favourite trackes, lets find the most hated songs by all here's mine: tere Bin Zinda hu mai Nimbuda nimbuda
:?: Can we use candle/bee wax as automobile fuel? Any vehicles are running with candle wax as a fuel? Give your ideas on it!!! or how it can be used?...
Hi I want to program device driver in VC++ editor by using C language . i familiar with C. but i dont know anything about windows device driver. i want...