Toyota Innova Chrome Edition Launched In India To Celebrate 4L units selling

Since last few years Auto-makers are in aggressive assault to the Indian auto market. Every month we see few new releases for the cars.Premium MPV has an important role in Indian auto market and Toyota, M&M and Tata has ruled that in last few years.

Still If we will talk about the seven/eight seater MPV's, first name that come in our mind will be of Toyota Innova. Toyota has launched Innova in 2005 and since then it has never look back. Recently Toyota unveils that they have sold 400000 units of Toyota Innova. For celebrating this, Toyota has launched the Chrome edition with the GX variant for the premium MPV. This Chrome edition package has an estimated value of 31 K.

Toyota-Innova-Chrome-Edition

Following are the new options for the Chrome edition:
Chrome touches to the front grille,
Door handle,
Wheel Arch Molding,
Muffler cutter,
Surrounds for the turn indicators and inserts on wing mirrors.

In this competitive world do you think its just a marketing gimmick or Toyota is celebrating the occasion by giving freebies to the loyal consumer base?

-CB

Replies

• Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    India have huge family capacity and it drives car watchers to find a big ,simple ,efficient cars.This set path to Toyota's winning streak.I found most of the cars on highway to be innova.
    which car do you think that will be a competitor to innova and why?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    The new Swift Dzire diesel and the upcoming Ford Ecosport both are healthy and trendy customers

They have raised the bar in the LUV and SUV categories a lot So I think Innova will have a great level of competition from ECOSPORT in the next few months

But Ford's back end needs to do a lot of work to fix any glitches at the earliest Otherwise we will soon see Innova 5L
    Correct me if I am wrong.I asked about 7/8 seater segment and Ecosport does not meet this necessity.Toyota Innova wins over scorpio and bolero in this segment.feel free to argue.Ecosport is better but I am betting for big families.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Yup true in 7/8 seaters no match But the popularity of innova may go down among 5 Member family cos of the new intro

Lets wait and watch #-Link-Snipped-#
    Still If Toyota brings an updated edition It can match the competition with its history .It also brings an hugw amount of luggage compartment.good. to see a healthy topic.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Automobiles are meant to be upgraded every 14 days at the least. At this rate Innova needs to increase its Safety and automation controls to come any where nearer to that of ECOSPORT

In capacity what ecosport lost It has nailed it in terms of the security it offers the driver and passengers.

But India is a budget country and fuel consumption is the main thing that drives people to buy a car I think Innova needs to develop leaps and bound in this area very fast to equate the Ecosport

Otherwise the population will start to migrate away from innova
    Agreeeeeee bosssuuuuuuuu
    ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The chrome kit is basically an accessory pack, which will be sold at all Toyota dealerships across India, for which buyers will have to pay an extra sum of Rs 31,000. Do you people think it's worth the money?
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Definitely not worth to upgrade. Its a family/business car at its core, pimping it up won't make much impact.

The money is better used for other things, like adding better anti-roll / lower arm bars, etc.
    Yes in my point of view,chrome kit is worthy.It also gives a elegant look.
  • vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    Yeah, I do believe that it is was just a strategic launch of Chrome on the name of success celebration. Now Toyota is giving 11 variants of the Innova in India, in which 8 are for diesel and 3 for petrol, this race began on 2005 in India after the Indonesia Innova launching. As Toyota is celebrating the success of 4 lac Innova sell with the launch of new chrome addition car buyers are expecting more from this car.โ€‹

[โ€‹IMG]โ€‹
    โ€‹
    โ€‹
    New โ€‹
    Chrome Edition of Innova includes chrome garnish for the front grille, chrome housing for the outer rear view mirrors and scratch protector for bumpers with chrome insert. Chrome kit for this addition has included several chrome elements and moulds. For buying this kit buyers will have to pay Rs. 31,000/- and Toyota has declared that these accessories will be available in all cities with the brand new chrome.โ€‹
    โ€‹
    โ€‹
    โ€‹
    โ€‹
    โ€‹
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Innova, in my opinion, is one of the top selling MPVs of all the time at least in Indian markets. It's literally swallowed the entire car-rental markets. On any given day I see more innovas on the street than any of its rivals. But the chrome edition isn't a worthy upgrade, clearly.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

While stumbling at FF I stumbled upon an interesting website and thought of sharing with you all. What do you think does this make any sense??? https://theoatmeal.com/comics/tesla -CB
I came across one of the interview with Joseph L. Bower, Professor, Harvard Business School. He talks about an effective CEO, and work for companies committed to leadership development, and...
When ever we see the name of Lamborghini all that a person remembers is the super low version cars Well here is a car to ponder about from Lamborghini in...
An unlikely source has filed a lawsuit against Apple for patent infringement โ€“ Boston University. The educational institution previously associated with being a pioneer in social media and an outspoken...
I remember Apple iPads used to be a trend atleast till last year. Now iPads have turned into iPad minis. And even Kindle has introduced a smaller display that's about...