Towards a Workerless World?

There is a growing concern that AI may be a threat to jobs. The evidence seems overwhelming that artificial intelligence (AI)—including machine-learning, language-translation, and speech- and pattern-recognition software-is rendering jobs of middle income employees obsolete.

The frightening question is: what happens when machines are smart enough to become workers?

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    bioramani
    The frightening question is: what happens when machines are smart enough to become workers?
    You know what happens in the end of Terminator 2 and I, Robot movies! Its practical! 😔
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Lot of people already work as robots. Robots should only be deployed where humans 'cannot' work.
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    m still waiting for the guys with several robotic limbs like shown in spider-man 2 movie. 😛
  • honeyclarck
    honeyclarck
    I am newbie in this field and i agree with
    The_Big_K The Good Administrator

Argument.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    WALL-E !!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

No. There is no violation of the First Law. The pedestrian may have to eat one more mouthful for the work done. However, Pavegen Tiles have shown a practical way...
Hai Everyone, I am B.E (ECE) final year student and searching for an embedded project which must be based on Fuzzy logic using Matlab or Labview software.Please can anyone help...
Techno Trata 12 is a technical festival organized by SRK Institute of Technology, Vijayawada. "As technology advances, it reverses the characteristics of every situation again and again." With technology enabling...
Rithm 2k12 is a Youth festival conducted by Regency Institute of Technology Science. It sees the confluence of thoughts and ideas amongst more than 5000 young minds from India. Truly...
​Google Talk is the chat app that comes built-in to your Android, and it’s terribly under-used. You can use Google Talk not only to instant message people with other Android...