Toughie..! (Einstein puzzle)

many say this puzzle was indeed created by the "Curious" Einstein..! I do not know to what extent this is true...but this is so exciting..! A note which came along the puzzle was that 98% of the total world's population cannot solve this without the aid of Computers.!(I dnt think so but this is tough...).. anyone can search this puzzle and post the answer to show off..! but my kind advice is that pls try to solve by your own..! infact we Indians are more brainy than anyone else..! We are just lazy..! try frnds..! relish its joy..! ๐Ÿ˜€

Let us assume that there are five houses of different colors next to each other on the same road. In each house lives a man of a different nationality. Every man has his favorite drink, his favorite brand of cigarettes, and keeps pets of a particular kind.
  1. The Englishman lives in the red house.
  2. The Swede keeps dogs.
  3. The Dane drinks tea.
  4. The green house is just to the left of the white one.
  5. The owner of the green house drinks coffee.
  6. The Pall Mall smoker keeps birds.
  7. The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhills.
  8. The man in the center house drinks milk.
  9. The Norwegian lives in the first house.
  10. The Blend smoker has a neighbor who keeps cats.
  11. The man who smokes Blue Masters drinks bier.
  12. The man who keeps horses lives next to the Dunhill smoker.
  13. The German smokes Prince.
  14. The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
  15. The Blend smoker has a neighbor who drinks water.
The question to be answered is: Who keeps fish?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-#

๐Ÿ˜
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    m sorry..!
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    vinod1993
    m sorry..!
    Don't be. It is really a tough one. Let us see what answers CEans come up with. ๐Ÿ˜‰
  • vinod1993
    vinod1993
    this is the variant of what's posted above..!! try this..! hope this hasn't been posted already.....๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜›
    1. There are five houses.
    2. The Englishman lives in the red house.
    3. The Spaniard owns the dog.
    4. Coffee is drunk in the green house.
    5. The Ukrainian drinks tea.
    6. The green house is immediately to the right of the ivory house.
    7. The Old Gold smoker owns snails.
    8. Kools are smoked in the yellow house.
    9. Milk is drunk in the middle house.
    10. The Norwegian lives in the first house.
    11. The man who smokes Chesterfields lives in the house next to the man with the fox.
    12. Kools are smoked in the house next to the house where the horse is kept. [should be "... a house ...", see discussion below]
    13. The Lucky Strike smoker drinks orange juice.
    14. The Japanese smokes Parliaments.
    15. The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
    Now, who drinks water? Who owns the zebra? In the interest of clarity, it must be added that each of the five houses is painted a different color, and their inhabitants are of different national extractions, own different pets, drink different beverages and smoke different brands of American cigarets [sic]. One other thing: in statement 6, rightmeans your right.
  • Prashanth_p@cchi
    Prashanth_p@cchi
    Norwegian for both???

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Can any of my dear colleagues share CPWD Analysis of Rates-2012 Vol 1 and 2 ?
I'm an automobile engineering student and wondering what is the basic different between axles shaft?
Two of the world's largest smartphones and tablet maker companies are scheduled to go for a JURY TRIAL on July 30th before US district Judy Jucy koh. iPhone / iPad...
Can i make a game, not necessarily of high graphics , but in pure C language. if yes, how?please guide me. ๐Ÿ˜’ or ๐Ÿ‘ should i make it in C++....
I am BS(CS) Hons student & new to this community. I need guidance to solve initial problems in my final project.I've few months to finalize it.I wish to meet sincere...