TouchWiz to get tiled interface a la Windows?

Samsung's Galaxy S5 is already making it to the rumor treadmill with the technological advances it's going to offer. The leaks so far include a new kind of fast charging battery, a 2K resolution display, an iris scanner for enhanced security and now comes the BIG thing - the TouchWiz UI; which Samsung installs on all its Android phones. TouchWiz saw a lot of criticism (mostly from Apple) for being so much like iOS.

The latest leak on the Internet reveals a 'tiled' interface and it's not a copy of Windows Metro. It's unique in its own way; but not much can be concluded from the screenshot yet. Have a look at the following photo and draw your own conclusions.

Replies

• Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    It's something to look at. If Samsung can actually kick a great way of user-personalizable-yet-superb User Interface, then they've won the game big-time!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    If they do it - they'll have to be extremely careful. People usually don't like the change. I think they might try it with Tizen.
  • Satya Swaroop Dash
    Satya Swaroop Dash
    This might be the Magazine UI which seems to have inspired from Google Now.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Name:Sneha *Engineering Trade: Electronics and Communication Location: Dhule *Occupation: (Student|Working|Self-Employed|Unemployed): Student Work Experience: (if applicable):---- *Hobbies & Interests: Playing chess, Reading books *Aim in life: (if applicable ): *I joined...
hello friends, i got this idea from a movie that when there is any place where no one entered and we wants to know how's the design or structure of...
i am a student of fourth year CSE and i need to a project that can be completed in 2.5 months. I know C,C++, java. please suggest me some ideas.
I am relatively new to Google+. The problem why I did not sign up for the service (when it was first launched) is because I wanted to avoid rebuilding my...
Can we use printf and scanf without stdio.h if yes then why??