Touch Screens & Surfaces Using Projectors & Cameras?

hello,
could anyone tell me how to make a touch screen surface using projectors and camers?? the touch on the glass surface must triger the action. please help me out.

Replies

• [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    What are the fields you possess experience in? The project you're asking could be pretty difficult to make & will require keen knowledge of image processing.
  • dheekshith
    dheekshith
    [Prototype]
    What are the fields you possess experience in? The project you're asking could be pretty difficult to make & will require keen knowledge of image processing.
    iam doing my electronics and communication engineeering.
  • dheekshith
    dheekshith
    could you please help me choose a good mini project. iam in 3rd year ece engineering.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    dheekshith
    could you please help me choose a good mini project. iam in 3rd year ece engineering.
    What you're asking is just too much for a mini project. You can easily do a little innovation in that thing & make it an awesome major project.

For mini projects, just stick to something microcontroller related.
  • dheekshith
    dheekshith
    could you help me by naming a few projects using microcontrollers?
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    dheekshith
    could you help me by naming a few projects using microcontrollers?
    Well, its tough to come up with idea. Just look around in the surrounding. I am sure you'll find something which you always wanted to be different & can be automated.

How does transforming your TV remote to universal remote that can control your fan, tubelight, etc. sounds like?
  • dossdss
    dossdss
    [Prototype]
    Well, its tough to come up with idea. Just look around in the surrounding. I am sure you'll find something which you always wanted to be different & can be automated.

How does transforming your TV remote to universal remote that can control your fan, tubelight, etc. sounds like?

it sounds good... and i am trying the same... but my problem is with decoding the tv remote signals...
    can u plz help ?
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    try to make the surface have a thin infra red layer in film form
    then if any one touches any part of the screen there arises some disturbances due to reflected IR rays

have an IR sensor near the table based on the intensity of the IR rays reflected calculate the position of touch in (x,y)

then use the data you have to do some action

hope it helps
  • AR Labs
    AR Labs
    Take a look at this blog for microcontroller based projects, there are lots of basic microcontroller tutorials as well from the very basic

Embedded Pro | Just another WordPress.com site

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Many more happy returns of the day πŸ˜€ May you enter into the world of awesomeness and excel in everything πŸ˜€ πŸŽ‰ πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰ You're celebrating your fourth birthday in CrazyEngineers...
classification technique is to divide the elements into the different classes according to their behaviour correct me if i am wrong
hello friends i want to install linux in my machine and i have three drive in c drive i have already installed windows -7 but in remaining two drive D...
hiee guys..πŸ˜€ this is Bishakha Saikia. I am a student doing my B.E. I'm from electronics n communication dept. My hobbies are reading books, painting, chattingπŸ˜› and doing small projects.....
i need list of final year project proposal for software engineering students, thanks