Toshiba Glasses Free 3D Notebook Qosmio F755

Toshiba has introduced the world’s first glasses-free 3-D notebook called Qosmio F755.
(It's just another indication that Japan has fully recovered from the tragedy and can aim for breakthrough technologies)

It has Intel Core i7 processor and NVIDA GeForce 540M graphics, Harmon Kardon speakers, a Blu-ray drive and HDMI output.

It can display content in both forms: 2-D or 3-D.

Auto-stereoscopic display technology is used to achieve a 3-D effect without glasses. It creates a double parallax image: Two images are projected simultaneously, and face-tracking technology (through the laptop’s built-in webcam) customizes the image based on the viewer’s position, delivering one image for the left eye, and one for the right.

This allows for a “broad viewing zone from which to view 3-D content,” according to the press release. But this may also mean two people won’t be able to watch the screen in 3-D at the same time.

This laptop will be available from 16th August for a price of $1,700.

What's your take on this?

Replies

• Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    3D glasses strain eyes a lot!
    Will this glass-free notebook be be any different?
    You don't want to harm your eyes when you are investing so much in this.

Also, what I feel is, as a personal gadget, this would provide a unique visual experience while a person is travelling/staying alone. And as far as the second person is concerned, there should have been a facility to switch the mode from 3D to 2D (if there already isn't)!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We know you're enthusiastic and fun loving person and wish to express your hippi-yuppiness through everything you do. But when you are applying for a job and writing a cover...
Different students use various books for studying. Here are a few to note: H.C. Verma Concepts of Physics Vol I and II I.E. Irodov Problems in General Physics Halliday, Resnick...
BITSAT exam includes 150 objective type questions. 3 marks are given for every correct answer. One mark penalty is for the incorrect answer. There are four sections like Physics, Chemistry,...
Syllabus of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics & English is given below: Part I: Physics Current Electricity Electromagnetic Induction Electrostatics Gravitation Heat and Thermodynamics Impulse and Momentum Kinematics Magnetic Effect of Current...
The test taker must havve cleared must clear 10+2 years of study from a recognized Central or State board. Students should have passed the 10+2 exam with PCM. The required...