torque of fan

what is the practical procedure to determine the torque of a fan at different speeds, and to hence draw its speed-torque curve.

Replies

• CE Designer
    CE Designer
    Interesting question, do you have product specs? Can you check the power rating of the fan?
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    CE Designer
    Interesting question, do you have product specs? Can you check the power rating of the fan?
    i have nothing as such, this is just a general question.

actually i came across a text book called "Design of machine components" by Michael Orthwein. this book also contains a section devoted to the selection of electric motors, for particular applications. it then showed an example of how a dc motor was selected for a fan by superimposing the speed-torque curve of a fan (driven machine) on the speed-torque curve of the motor. thus the points of intersection of the curves would give the starting torque required to start the fan.

now what i really wanted to know was , how is the speed-torque of the fan drawn even prior to selecting its drive
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    It is derive from the power

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi I'm Nischay Vinchhi, pursuing B.E. in Automobiles and this is my final sem. i have been placed in L&T Infotech. my hobbies include watching football, writing songs and listening...
There's no age to entrepreneur and it's absolutely okay to become an entrepreneur at any stage in life. Entrepreneurship is often looked at as something that is 'risky' and 'difficult';...
I'm sure a lot of our CEans in final year of engineering have been placed in various companies. From my own experience, the education and the industry connect is missing....
Hey there everybody at Crazy Engineers! My name is Varun Agrawal and I am a student of Computer Science and Engineering at National Institute of Technology, Surat. My interests include...
Hello Ceans, I need a help regarding my project. I am making a Weather forecasting system using Fuzzy logic and I am using Matlab for it. I wish to create...