torque multiplication

what are the formulae to calculate increase or reduction in torque when spur gears of different diameters are in mesh. the data given is the speeds of both the spur gears , the number of teeth on each gear and the pitch diameters of both the gears.

Replies

• zaveri
    zaveri
    thank you very much sir
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    does the same thing follow for bevel gears
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    zaveri
    does the same thing follow for bevel gears
    Bevel gears are used to change direction between the drive shaft and the driven shaft. Otherwise the relationship is the same.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    thanx again sir. honestly speaking right now i am working on an automobile differential as project work

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It's official, folks. 4G is finally coming to India. Airtel's CEO Mr. Sanjay Kapoor today confirmed the news that the telecom operator is all set to become India's first private...
Look at the product Pivothead It featurs 8mp sensor which is capable of shooting HD video 1080p@30 frames per second / 720p@60fps / 720p@30fps and just 75grams. you can also...
I have often wondered about how Government functions. One one hand, it gives out Liquor permits while on the other, it tries to close all liquor shops. While Government bans...
Greetings..! My name is Diksha and I am an Industrial Engineer.. I want to pursue my masters in Automobile Engineering.. I am not clear on few things stated below: 1....
The Fraunhofer Institute for Chemical Technology ICT has developed a new polyurethane based sandwich material that seems to answer all tests for structural strength and flame resistance. This can lead...