TORQUE CALCULATION

PLEASE HELP ME TO CALCULATE THE REQUIRED TORQUE TO ROTATE A 250 MM DIA 5 MM THICK MILD STEEL DISC WITH 10 RPM.

Replies

• omprakash patil
    omprakash patil
    what power source ur using?? motor h.p.??
  • PRADIP CHAKRABORTY
    PRADIP CHAKRABORTY
    nooneperfect
    what power source ur using?? motor h.p.??
    0.5 HP MOTOR
  • omprakash patil
    omprakash patil
    I'm trying but my calculations somewhere getting wrong.... u can use T/J=G thita/L formula for calculation of shaft twisting moment. For mild steel G is around 78 to 80 Gpa (what i have searched on net) , assuming thita= 1 degree.
    We can calculate torque required but somewhere im getting wrong answer and dnt know why .... but u can assume above data and can take some experts opinion.
    Maximum torque produced by 0.5 hp motor at 10 rpm is 356.0377 N-m.
  • Selvakumar Aruchamy
    Selvakumar Aruchamy
    nooneperfect
    I'm trying but my calculations somewhere getting wrong.... u can use T/J=G thita/L formula for calculation of shaft twisting moment. For mild steel G is around 78 to 80 Gpa (what i have searched on net) , assuming thita= 1 degree.
    We can calculate torque required but somewhere im getting wrong answer and dnt know why .... but u can assume above data and can take some experts opinion.
    Maximum torque produced by 0.5 hp motor at 10 rpm is 356.0377 N-m.
    Have you use tis formula??? Power = 2*pi*Speed*Torque/60, Nm
  • omprakash patil
    omprakash patil
    Selvakumarchellu
    Have you use tis formula??? Power = 2*pi*Speed*Torque/60, Nm
    Yes And the answer i alreday mention 356.0377 N-m.
    i guess thats Maximum torque for what motor produce at selective r.p.m. without any load applied,but for dia.250 mm ,10 mm thick actual torque will be different
  • Suraj Raju
    Suraj Raju
    max torque=356.0377 Nm
    Design Torque=Max torque*k*k(not).
    assuming k*k(not) to be 1.25, Designed Torque=445.047125 Nm
  • Suraj Raju
    Suraj Raju
    I 'm not sure of those k,k(not) values. If I 'm wrong, please suggest me a correct answer anyone.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

from Germany, I hope to have a good time on here! Regards, Norbert
Everyone deserves a second chance in life; especially with their email and Gmail now officially gives it to you. Google's 'Undo Send' has now become an 'official feature' in Gmail....
Hello everybody, I hope I am in the right section here. I want to build a paint booth in my garage. in my free time, I love to dabble in...
Micromax India is back on the launch spree and this time its a treat for selfie maniacs among us. Called the 'Canvas Selfie Lens' smartphone, here we are looking at...
A Stepped bar is hung from the ceiling as shown in the figure. The cross section of AB=500 mm^2 and that of BC=200 mm^2. Assuming that the density of both...