Top Reasons For Staying In IT Job

We've had a thread on #-Link-Snipped-#

Taking the discussion forward, let's list out top reasons for not quitting an IT job and staying with it.

I expect lot of responses from Software and IT Engineers.

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The below given points are more from the Indian industry standards, this may differ from country to country:

1. Botherations free life - I agree that in IT industry, most of the things are on emergencies only, otherwise they will impact the business. However, refraining few exceptions - in IT field, personal is not always botherd that doing this or that will impact someone so horribly that can impact someones life [This time I am compairing IT job output with mechanical, civil, electrical, electronics engineering jobs].
    2. Hours - In comparision to other jobs, can we say that atleast IT folks get 2 days a week (SAT / SUN) absolutely free. You won't find that for Mech / Civil / banks / travel / business ... don't you agree with this?
    3. Getting Paid - Atleast in Indian context we all know that IT folks are well paid in comparision to others.
    4. Attitude of commanding officer - In IT, We know that even your manager is not happy with you but still you wont hear harsh words from him, it will always be polite way. This is not the case for other industries.
    5. Technology - Do I need to comment here... In technological world almost 90 %; things are computer driven which are done by IT folks.

Thinking about switching to IT... ? 😁

-CB
  • Radhika Deshpande
    Radhika Deshpande
    This comes to be on second priority as all major factors are mentioned by crazyboy already.Still listing out few -

Extra superb luxurious infrastructure or work place.
    Air-conditioned cubicles or cabins.
    Free lunch/dinner/snacks.
    unlimited tea/coffee/phone/internet/library.
    free personality developments/technical workshops.
    discounts on food/shopping malls etc.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I received following mail from one of our visitors. Posting this here so that CEans can help - Dear Sir, Just came across this forum. I have not yet registered...
hi this is sanjay
[video=youtube;KUw_9qbNj_E]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUw_9qbNj_E&playnext=1&list=PLFD6CFB68CA61114F[/video] This video will show you how to shutdown your computer from anywhere using a texting capable cell phone, Microsoft Outlook and a free account from kwiry - text it...
Summer Fellowship Programme Organised By: Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi Important Dates: Deadline for Submission of Applications:March 31, 2010 List of selected candidates: April 20, 2010 Commencement of Work: May...
A Grid Follower Robot that follows the grid(points)in a way that it makes a star. Robot consists of steppers and l298 with a powerful PIC18F4550 micro controller. It consists of...