Top Feats Of Engineering Ever!

CEans,

Tell us what do you think is the top feat of engineering ever? Also, you must support your answer. ๐Ÿ˜€

Is it the Great Wall Of China?
Is it the Large Hadron Collider?
Is it the Burj Khalifa?

...or something else?

Replies

• Tejashree Katdare
    Tejashree Katdare
    [โ€‹IMG]
    Image Courtesy: thewondrous.com

Aqua Tower USA
  • gohm
    gohm
    Nikola tesla's invention of the AC induction motor. This was the cornerstone for Tesla/Westinghouse to win out over Edison and DC electricity distribution with AC power. AC electrification/distribution has had a profound impact on global society and I would wager one of the top four in numbers of global population impacted/effected by.
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    Do you mean architectural engineering?
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    I think the capital gate of abu dhabi is surely an engineering feat...๐Ÿ˜

it leans to an angle of 18 degree from the vertical... it leans five times the lean of the leaning tower of pisa...๐Ÿ˜

check it out guys ๐Ÿ˜€

[โ€‹IMG]

but i think now a days almost every new construction is coming up with a wonderful feature.... ๐Ÿ˜
    what say:?:
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I saw its program in Discovery its really amezing!
    CIVILPRINCESS
    I think the capital gate of abu dhabi is surely an engineering feat...๐Ÿ˜

it leans to an angle of 18 degree from the vertical... it leans five times the lean of the leaning tower of pisa...๐Ÿ˜

check it out guys ๐Ÿ˜€

[โ€‹IMG]

but i think now a days almost every new construction is coming up with a wonderful feature.... ๐Ÿ˜
    what say:?:
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    No architecture is anywhere near to the Pyramids of Egypt. Even applying modern day equipments, it will take far more time to build it than in the time span it was actually built.
    And each slabs are put with high accuracy in order to build such a mega structure. Such endeavor is today also very very difficult to build by, so its believed by some archaeologists that these structures are actually build by aliens.

[โ€‹IMG]
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    [โ€‹IMG]

The Invention of Electric Bulb was the biggest achievement in the Engineering History because it is useful for all the people and cannot cause any harm through natural disaster or through any source.

The first electric light was made in 1800 by Humphry Davy and much later,in 1860,the English Physicist Sir Joseph Wilson Swan was determined to devise a practical,long lasting electric light using carbon as it glows well but burnt quickly.The inventor Thomas Alva Edison experimented with several different filaments and discovered that carbon filament in an oxygen-free bulb glowed well and does burnt quickly and later William David Coolidge invented tungsten filament which even last much longer.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

iam doing b tech engineering in information technology well, we are now in final year where we have to do academic projects using java or .net technologies. well please list...
I am planning to buy T rings for my camera. but my camera is neither a DSLR nor a SLR. Its rather high end digital camera which might be considered...
Hey all, I need major help with finding input and output impedances of opams.I undersatnd that to find Zin,make vout=0 and put a source at input.But still things aren't clear...
The IIT JEE exam date is always fixed. Its the second Sunday of April. So, IIT JEE will be conducted on 10th April 2011. Best of Luck to all the...
Hi all , Can anyone help me thru these questions... a) % of thinning allowance calculation of tubes while expansion b) standard drwg. for tube to tube sheet weld joints...