Top differences between Java & C#?

i know c and c++but i dont know c# and java.can any body explain what is the difference between java and c#.which one is best?

Replies

• theAvinash
    theAvinash
    you will get difference from many sources....see this#-Link-Snipped-#
    As you know c,c++ ..you can learn both easily....
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Which is better - well that can't be answered because it depends on the context. You'll have to define which parameters you wish to compare these two programming languages on so that we can draw comparisons and conclusions.
  • Ganesh MSD
    Ganesh MSD
    Java class file run in all platform like windows , linux etc...!! bt c++ & c not like that...!!!
  • shibi raj
    shibi raj
    Java is open source and C# isn't...
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    shibi raj
    Java is open source and C# isn't...
    How can we say that a specific programming language is open source or closed source ?

I think its implementation decides whether it's Opensource or opposite.
  • shibi raj
    shibi raj
    Yes. That's right. I exactly meant about the licence...
    Java it's free and C# we have to pay money , right..?
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    C# is not, strictly speaking, close to C/C++ because it uses Common Language Runtime (CLR) developed by MS. Hence, it's not open source either.
  • Ganesh MSD
    Ganesh MSD
    Java have lot of packages so we can use manythings...!! bt c & c++ not like that
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Ganesh MSD
    Java have lot of packages so we can use manythings...!! bt c & c++ not like that
    Ever heard of shared libraries in c?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    There is a wiki page for answering just this.
    Comparison Of C Sharp And Java
    Another good read can be: #-Link-Snipped-#

You guys can go ahead and read those two pages and thank me later here. ☕

Features present in C#, but not in Java
    • C# includes more primitive types and the functionality to catch arithmetic exceptions.
    • Event handling is a "first class citizen"—it is part of the language itself.
    • Allows the definition of "structs", which are similar to classes but may be allocated on the stack (unlike instances of classes in C# and Java).
    • C# implements properties as part of the language syntax.
    • C# allows switch statements to operate on strings.
    • C# allows anonymous methods providing closure functionality.
    • C# has support for output parameters, aiding in the return of multiple values, a feature shared by C++ and SQL.
    • C# has the ability to alias namespaces.
    • C# provides integration with COM.
    • Following the example of C and C++, C# allows call by reference for primitive and reference types.
    Features present in Java, but not in C#
    • Java's strictfp keyword guarantees that the result of floating point operations remain the same across platforms.
    • Java supports checked exceptions for better enforcement of error trapping and handling.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i mean how it control the speed ,is there any possibility in the case of shunt motor
I am a B.Tech. Mech. from NIT Calicut 1984-88 batch. On my own in field of Consultancy on Design and engineering, Topographycal Survey, Sub soil exploration and testing and I...
Microsoft is launching Windows 8 to the world on October 25 and expects that the world will adopt it quickly. There are several changes in the latest Windows, including a...
There's a saying in the corporate world "A horse is a dog designed by a committee" - and I fully agree with it. Having seen and experienced how a 'group...
E=MC2 relation shows the energy mass equation..can we change of energy into mass...............