Tonnage of AC

what is tonnage of AC machine? What is the diffrence between 1.5T capcity and 1.5TR capacity of a AC machine? Ton or Tonn ?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    aicbal
    what is tonnage of AC machine? What is the diffrence between 1.5T capcity and 1.5TR capacity of a AC machine? Ton or Tonn ?#-Link-Snipped-#
    Before the days of AC machines, rooms used to be cooled by keeping blocks of ice usually at a height. The latent heat of melting of ice is 80 Kcal/Kg. It was found convenient to specify the cooling capacity of AC systems by the eqivalent latent heat of melting of ice. A 1.5 tonne AC poduces a cooling of 1.5 x 8000 Kcals in 24 hours. Ton in India is the Tonne (1000 KG)

1 Tonne = 1000 KG
    1 Ton = 2000 Lbs

Bioramani
  • aicbal
    aicbal
    what is 'TR'?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Tonnage Rating. Loosely used as tonnage alone. In India both seem to mean the same.
    Bioramani
  • shubhankar
    shubhankar
    i had worked on a project at batukbhai jewellers electrical installation in nagpur. there we had a 22TR AC unit to cool the ground floor. moreover we had 3 separate 18 HP compressors for the other 3 floors. if i am not mistaken 1.5*HP rating is the TR rating
  • aicbal
    aicbal
    hi shubhankar, i think you are right. by the way, any one can say,

1 T = how much kW?
  • shubhankar
    shubhankar
    the HP in the above equation has to be converted to kW by multipliying by 0.746...thus we can easily establish the asked relation also/

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Birlasoft announced investments to set up a Customer Insight Lab at its Bangalore facility in India. Focused on Customer Relationship Management (CRM)– based innovative solutions, the lab will carry out...
There are several types of bridges found in any place in this world. So, this thread will be dedicated to TYPES OF BRIDGES.😀
1. The only jokes you receive are through email (OUCH) 2. At Christmas, it goes without saying that you will be the one to find the burnt-out bulb in the...
Well,I thought Digital and RC circuits concepts build up with more discussions.So,here we go with that thread.Any questions or concept you would like to share or clarify😁
There’s a scene in the movie called "I, Robot" when Will Smith, who plays a robot-hating cop, visits Bridget Moynahan, the scientist, and they begin to argue. She gets angry....