Tomy i-SODOG Is The Smartphone Controlled Robot Dog

Takara Tomy has just launched i-SODOG, a smartphone-controlled robot dog for your comfort and amusement. The i-SODOG which was unveiled at the Tokyo International Toy Show is packed with advanced features which can be controlled and ordered around by humans. The i-SODOG is the successor to i-SOBOT, a bipedal robot released in 2007.

The Takara Tomy i-SODOG has an integrated microphone which is capable of recognizing and interpreting up to 50 unique voice commands. The i-SODOG also claims to have a bit of Artificial Intelligence fitted in, which means that the toy will have a chance at learning with experience. The i-SODOG can also be controlled directly using an Android or iOS phone. There are specialized apps for both platforms that act as controllers for the robot. Everything aside, you can also use a dedicated controller for the toy. The robot uses 15 ultra-compact servomotor units developed by Tomy to keep its size and price small.

#-Link-Snipped-#

The i-SODOG, as the name suggests, is modeled after a pet dog, hence its behavior is constructed similar to a house pet by using sensors in its head and back. Another practical aspect mirrored in the i-SODOG is communication through static electricity, which is operated by touching of noses. The biometric sensor fitted in i-SODOG's nose helps in accomplishing that bonus feature. i-SODOG's entertainment value comes from the interactive commands it can carry out including sitting, walking and dancing to downloaded music.

Takara Tomy i-SODOG is slated for a 2013 release at $400 but its availability outside Japan is yet not confirmed. Here's a demo video of the i-SODOG being a good pet.

Source & Image Credit: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Belkin WeMo makes a mark with a video that says, 'If your home is your castle, how come the king and queen do all the work?'. The company has developed...
Researchers in Cambridge (with a team from Nokia Research Center Cambridge) have come up with a way by which water and air could be employed to produce visual displays &...
Among the RGB colors, the red and blue laser diodes are quite famously used, but there was a need of green lasers for getting high performance from the laser projectors...
MIT Researchers have ascertained that the brain considers the physical size when processing a particular object. As per the report, the brain classifies small objects and large objects in different...
Personal robots should have the ability to place objects in a proper way at a preferred location. Our homes are having a large variety of object types as well as...