Tizen-SunXi Mobile OS Arrives For AllWinner SoCs

A few days ago at the Tizen Developer Conference 2014, developers presented new projects such as #-Link-Snipped-#, Samsung Announces Plans To Release Tizen-Based Samsung TV SDK & details on Tizen OS IVI 3.0. During the conference, a new opensource project called Tizen-SunXi was also presented. Tizen-SunXi is the project for porting the Tizen OS for the devices that's running on AllWinner A-series processors. Some popular devices like Mele A1000, Mele A2000, Cubieboard, pcDuino, MK802, etc. are using AllWinner's SoC, and therefore the users owning these devices will be able to use TizenOS.

slide

Leon Anavi, the developer of this project, has already released images of Tizen-SunXi OS (available in GitHub - leon-anavi/tizen-sunxi: Tizen ARM for Allwinner Devices) which is based on Tizen OS 2.0. Users just have to save the image into 8 GB SD card & insert into the device and boot it. They can also set the output as VGA, HDMI or can enter the device via SSH. During the presentation, the developer used single board ARM OLinuXino and connected it to the Motorola Lapdock.

As we can see from the video Tizen OS seems to work fine. It was also indicated that the OS will soon be available with dedicated boot loader that will allow users to dual-boot TizenOS with Android or Linux in various popular AllWinner SoCs. One can browse its source code from GitHub - leon-anavi/tizen-sunxi: Tizen ARM for Allwinner Devices and can obtain detailed information regarding project from its Tizen - linux-sunxi.org.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Reddit user aperson posted couple of awesome pics of the barbeque grill that runs Ubuntu OS. PS : Barbeque Grill is used as case. You don't need this much of...
Name :-Gurwinder Singh Engineering trade:-Automobile Location :- Punjab Occupation:-Govt. Employee(& doing Automobile Engineering) Aim:- Apply my Automobile idea all around the world. I join CrazyEngineer because:- I want to discuss...
So, here's your two minute management lesson. I'm sure you'll learn quite a lot from these ! Spoiler: Management Lesson
https://www.fakingnews.firstpost.com...ow-modis-us-trip-album-is-going-to-look-like/
Wish you many many happy returns of the day @aj_onduty