Tic Tac Toe Puzzle.

The following is the current state of an ongoing game between 'circle' and 'cross' :-

2012-02-11-004357_1366x768_scrot

You have to answer who played the first turn - 'circle' or 'cross' ?
And who won the game - 'circle' or 'cross' ?

It is not given whose turn is now as that is what needs to be guessed effectively.

Standard rules of tic tac toe apply :-
1)a person who gets his symbol in 3 consecutive places horizontally / vertically / diagonally wins .
2)a player will always place his/her symbol in a line that contains a) two of his/her marks or b) two of his/her opponents symbol , giving priority to a) over b).

Replies

• im_Aswath
    im_Aswath
    Cross played the 1st turn
    Cross won the game πŸ‘
  • circularsquare
    circularsquare
    im_Aswath
    Cross won the game πŸ‘
    I think not. If you say cross wins the game. Then it was circles turn which brought the game to present state. If so , why didn't circle block cross' victory by playing in center square ?
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    No! Circle played the first turn and now cross has to play and cross would win!!! 😁
  • circularsquare
    circularsquare
    Praveen-Kumar
    No! Circle played the first turn and now cross has to play and cross would win!!! 😁
    Can you provide the reasoning ? πŸ‘
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Both are in situation of winning the game..... One of the player must have done wrong move.
  • circularsquare
    circularsquare
    ianoop
    Both are in situation of winning the game..... One of the player must have done wrong move.
    The question is to find out who played the first move / last move. The reasoning leads to one answer. There is no ambiguity in the answer.
  • viky1147
    viky1147
    im_Aswath
    Cross won the game πŸ‘
    If cross started, circle would have blocked the cross at the third move πŸ˜•
  • viky1147
    viky1147
    I think the answer is hypothetical πŸ‘€
  • Hemanit22
    Hemanit22
    circularsquare
    The following is the current state of an ongoing game between 'circle' and 'cross' :-

2012-02-11-004357_1366x768_scrot

You have to answer who played the first turn - 'circle' or 'cross' ?
    And who won the game - 'circle' or 'cross' ?

It is not given whose turn is now as that is what needs to be guessed effectively.

Standard rules of tic tac toe apply :-
    1)a person who gets his symbol in 3 consecutive places horizontally / vertically / diagonally wins .
    2)a player will always place his/her symbol in a line that contains a) two of his/her marks or b) two of his/her opponents symbol , giving priority to a) over b).

There is not answer to this question.... if you see.. both got the chance to block each other but no one did soo... I mean if cross played 1st then circle got the chance to block but he didnt do it. .. and if circle played first then cross got the chance to block but he also didnt do so.. this situation is not possible if both are skilled players... one must be dumb to arrive at this situation....
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    either cross or circle has made a wrong move.

this game can be won by either cross or circle, depending on who plays next.

this game would have ended earlier, that is in a lesser number of moves.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello to all chess lovers. In the following puzzle you don't have to think ahead you have to think back. It is chance of black to move. What move has...
Hi people, i need information on wind farm topologies and the factors that can be used in selecting them. thanksπŸ˜€
I want to do a project on building a standalone system to detect vehicle speed using image processing. The camera position is fixed. Can someone suggest me the processor and...
Any upgrading or maintenance work on a functioning hospital should not inconvenience the ongoing service. I have been to some well known medical device manufacturing facilities in Europe, where I...
Somebody, help me with this question. Show that the following function is not continuous at the origin(0,0).