Thunderbird Account Configuration Help

I have installed Thunderbird in my PC now need to ask something regarding fatching Email.
I have configured my gmail Account with it and i want to download all my Inbox and Sent Item on PC.
Can anybody let me know the steps for the same?

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    #-Link-Snipped-# Need your Suggestions Please.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Unless you want to 'download' all the items, I'd suggest that you should configure your Thunderbird to use the IMAP settings. Make sure that IMAP is enabled for all your mail in your Gmail settings and then follow the simple instructions here: #-Link-Snipped-#

That should get your account working in almost no time. If you have any questions, post them here. I'll be happy to help.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    The_Big_K
    Unless you want to 'download' all the items, I'd suggest that you should configure your Thunderbird to use the IMAP settings. Make sure that IMAP is enabled for all your mail in your Gmail settings and then follow the simple instructions here: #-Link-Snipped-#

That should get your account working in almost no time. If you have any questions, post them here. I'll be happy to help.
    I want to download All my previous mails As I want to use them offline also. I think using IMAP it is not possible. (not sure)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Any of the protocol will download the mail to your computer. But IMAP is much better as it keeps the desktop and webmail account in sync. If you choose pop, then make sure to click 'Keep a copy on server' so that the mail is available on your server all the time and does not get deleted after downloading. You will be able to use your mail offline with both IMAP and POP.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    The_Big_K
    Any of the protocol will download the mail to your computer. But IMAP is much better as it keeps the desktop and webmail account in sync. If you choose pop, then make sure to click 'Keep a copy on server' so that the mail is available on your server all the time and does not get deleted after downloading. You will be able to use your mail offline with both IMAP and POP.
    Superb !! With IMAP Settings I am able to download all Mails.
    Now Suppose I don't want to show my configured account to other person who is going to use my PC can I secure all accounts and mails on Thunderbird?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

"While Oracle won on the copyright claim, the jury found that Google only infringed on nine lines of code." 😲 Jury has come out with decision that google voilated copyright...
Share the names of the best books you know for reading about TCP/IP. Some of the best ones I know are - 1. Internetworking and TCP/IP: Principles, Protocols and Architectures,...
Share the titles and authors of the best books you used for studying Language Processors subject. Some of the ones that I used were - 1. Compilers: Principles Techniques and...
Some of the best books that we used were: Digital Signal Processing: Alan V. Oppenheim, W. Schaffer, Pearson Education Digital Signal Processing: John G. Proakies and D. Monalkies & D....
This is one subject whose entire details can never be found in one reference book. Some of the names that we used were: Computer Graphics, Hearn and Baker, Pearson Education...