Thought works placement papers and campus selection process

There are five rounds in thoughtworks selection process.

1.Written test-aptitude

2.Programming round

3.Technical Interview1-Questions will be asked from all languages(You need to know atleast three languages)

4.Technical interview2-Questions will be asked from your resume and projects

5.HR.

Those who have attended thoughtworks company,post the questions asked in programming round here.

Replies

• Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    Hey all.
    Thought works is coming to our college on 16 and 17 of this august for 2012 pass out batch for the job designation-Application Developer, Business Analyst, Quality Analyst.
    They have asked the participants to be proficient in the following technologies:-

• Java / J2EE
    • C# / .NET
    • Ruby
    • Agile Methodologies
    • EAI technologies like Tibco, MQSeries & MSMQ
    • Web Services
    As per the information, the rounds will be same as provided by you.
    I'll let everyone know the questions asked once it is done.
    Till then 'good luck'.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    I attended the programming round. There were two questions, both were quite easy. I dont remember them exactly, but still i am posting abstract here.

Q.1 We were given two countries namely Brazil and Argentina. Both had one inventory each with 100 ipods in them. The cost of ipod in Brazil was 100/unit and in Argentina it was 50/unit but to get ipods form Argentina u also had to pay 400/10units. Now they give us some number and we had to find out which purchase would be cheaper. Once we made the program they asked us to do some changes in that like changing the cost, transportation charge etc.

Q.2 In the second question we were given 3 hotels each had a different rating, different cost on weekdays and weekends. There were two type of customers: regular and reward, they too had different type of rates. Given the type of customer and days we had to find out the cheapest hotel and in case of tie the hotel with higher rating wins.

The questions were easy, but what they were checking was how you have used the language. You can code in any language but if you are coding in C, you must use functions or if you are coding in C++, you must use classes. They emphasized on using object oriented technology.
  • atulsingh7890
    atulsingh7890
    ThoughtWorks recently visited out campus.....

They just asked the same aptitude papers as of previous papers...
    There will be a aptitude booklet whose code is "5B" which word to word same..even the sample question was same
    They just opened all the branches.
    GIVE ME YOUR EMAIL...I WILL MAIL YOU THE APTITUDE QUESTION PAPER THAT WILL COME..
    AND I KNOW they will not even change the aptitude paper.....

Programming question will be same as that is told above.......just prepare for that.......

Theri sample output will be..
    Input
    :
    output:
    ::

Input 1
    Brazil:5
    Output1
    500:95:100

Input 2
    Brazil:50
    Output 2
    4500:100:50

Input 3
    Argentina:120
    Output 3
    7800:80:0

Input 4
    Argentina:230
    Output 4
    OutofStock:100:100

Use classes.....
    logic of above question is

You just have to minimize the selling price of buying ipods.
    when ipods are to be bought from argentina .. just calcualte the selling price of that ipods.

As inventory is replinshed after every purcahse order transportation cost is 400$ for every 20 units if they are ordered from other country.

Minimization selling price question comes when they are ordered from Brazil inventory..
    that is when 10 unints are ordered from Brazil inv they will cost 100 but they can be imported from argentina inv there selling price will be half..
    so when 23 units are ordered 20 units will come from Argenitna and then 3 units will be ordered form Brazil

but when 28 units are ordered all 28 can be ordered from argentina

Just calculate mod 10 of ordered ipods if remainder is 0 then just it from Argentina if not calculate remainder if R>=8 ordered all from Argentina
    if not ie R<8 ordred remainder ipods from Brazil..

In that case Selling price will be minimum.
    Just implement that.....they will just put the same programming question.. and they will give about 3-4 hours for it.

Just be prepared and tell that now students are much aware.

Best of Luck...
  • michaelyoung14
    michaelyoung14
    hey ATUL SINGH you send me the paper my mail id is
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    @Atulsingh: Why don't you share the paper to everyone here, rather than asking people to e-mail you?
    It might be useful to many people here.. 😀

and @michaelyoung: Please don't give your e-mail id like this in a public forum.
  • rockmachine047
    rockmachine047
    please mail me the apti paper . also im only familiar to c/c++ because im from EEE so java .net and all ...pretty clueless...any hope ? anyhow please mail me the paper asap . have it tomorrow .
  • rahulabcd
    rahulabcd
    Hey can u mail me d aptitude paper....I hav the process very soon...Pls send me asap. My mail id is #-Link-Snipped-#
  • bablu03
    bablu03
    hey can u mail me the apti paper,the selection process starts vry soon for us,my mail id is #-Link-Snipped-#. PLEASE SEND ME ASAP
  • bablu03
    bablu03
    hey can u mail me the apti paper,the selection process starts vry soon for us,my mail id is #-Link-Snipped-# PLEASE SEND ME ASAP
  • suresh1790
    suresh1790
    hey can u mail me the paper u got. my id is #-Link-Snipped-#
  • rahulabcd
    rahulabcd
    Thanks for the files...it is very useful...
  • suresh1790
    suresh1790
    thanks dude
  • joseph joseph
    joseph joseph
    hey can u mail me d aptitude paper ...nd can tell wat was asked in d technical interview....my mail id:jsph501@gmail.com
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    joseph joseph
    hey can u mail me d aptitude paper ...nd can tell wat was asked in d technical interview....my mail id:*****@gmail.com
    Do not post personal information like email id in forum.
  • Harsh Maurya
    Harsh Maurya
    Thanks a lot for the info....
  • navin.1211
    navin.1211
    hey Atul singh can you send me the pattern at
  • ritu somani
    ritu somani
    Re: Thought works placement papers and campus selection process,hey can u plz send

hey can u plz send the questions on <> have the same company cum on 16th ...plz plz
  • ritu somani
    ritu somani
    hey forward it to 😀
  • Santoshch
    Santoshch
    hey can u mail me the apti paper,the selection process starts vry soon for us,my mail id is
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    😡hey guys whats going on?? you can't read my post???😡
  • suresh1790
    suresh1790
    we gt the same questions as posted here bt tre wre 4 group of question books. tey only change the values in the boxes.

and gt the same questions for the coding round.

Q.1 We were given two countries namely Brazil and Argentina. Both had one inventory each with 100 ipods in them. The cost of ipod in Brazil was 100/unit and in Argentina it was 50/unit but to get ipods form Argentina u also had to pay 400/10units. Now they give us some number and we had to find out which purchase would be cheaper. Once we made the program they asked us to do some changes in that like changing the cost, transportation charge etc.

Q.2 In the second question we were given 3 hotels each had a different rating, different cost on weekdays and weekends. There were two type of customers: regular and reward, they too had different type of rates. Given the type of customer and days we had to find out the cheapest hotel and in case of tie the hotel with higher rating wins.
  • kaushal01
    kaushal01
    @atul
    hi

i just want to know thw complete programming question...

and in which language u did coding/
  • kaushal01
    kaushal01
    @atul: can u just post here complete programming question.
    And i wanna know in which language u did coding??
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    @caushal: dont wry, they are pretty simple question....u will solve them if you know how to make programs. Just try to use object oriented language i.e. C++ or Java. Though they are fine with C too. Remember your code should be flexible and generous as they will ask you to do some changes and you should be able to do them.
  • kaushal01
    kaushal01
    Thanks

u did the coding session......???
    plzz can u juzz provide me with complete details....
    And m more comfortable in c than c++.
    Is there any problm regarding that.
    if u just can help me. just give me the idea to make the ist problm in c++.
    I have made that in c.

thanks in advance....
  • harsh.
    harsh.
    you please give me the question papers my email id is
  • snehadixit
    snehadixit
    Plz send me the paper. my maid id is
  • sumedhkakde
    sumedhkakde
    send me paper at
  • amitkaka
    amitkaka
    hey please mail me both the aptitude paper as well as the programming questions.. My email-id is #-Link-Snipped-#
  • andenagaveni24
    andenagaveni24
    i am from ECE background....please tell me what type of questions will be asked in TCS technical and HR interviews........TCS is coming to our college on september 18th for recruitments...........
  • Reya
    Reya
    @Nagaveni: Post your query in a separate thread.This thread is for collecting the questions asked in thoughtworks company.
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    amitkaka
    hey please mail me both the aptitude paper as well as the programming questions.. My email-id is #-Link-Snipped-#
    hey amit,
    Welcome to CE,
    Please, Do not post email id in pubic forum.
  • VanathiA
    VanathiA
    Can you please post the questions in the forum?
  • Reya
    Reya
    @Vanathia: Questions are posted in this thread.Check it.
  • vishnuganth
    vishnuganth
    Atul can you mail me the aptitude and programming paper of Thoughtworks to #-Link-Snipped-#
  • selviasokan
    selviasokan
    can u send Though works question to my mail......
    my email id is #-Link-Snipped-#...
    Thank you so much ...
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    vishnuganth
    Atul can you mail me the aptitude and programming paper of Thoughtworks to #-Link-Snipped-#
    hey,
    Welcome to CE,
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    selviasokan
    can u send Though works question to my mail......
    my email id is #-Link-Snipped-#...
    Thank you so much ...
    hey,
    Welcome to CE,
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    hey guys
    please wear you spectacles to read our forum. 😁
  • sushaanth.s
    sushaanth.s
    pls send me the aptitude paper....i have thoughtworks coming tomorrow...pls mail asap...id
  • saibab
    saibab
    @atul: my email id is shiyam73@gmail.com. Can you pls mail it asap as my interview process is this weekend.
    atulsingh7890

There will be a aptitude booklet whose code is "5B" which word to word same..even the sample question was same
    GIVE ME YOUR EMAIL...I WILL MAIL YOU THE APTITUDE QUESTION PAPER THAT WILL COME..

Programming question will be same as that is told above.......just prepare for that.......

Input
    :
    output:

Input 1
    Output1

Input 2
    Output 2

Input 3
    Output 3

Input 4
    Output 4

Use classes.....

when ipods are to be bought from argentina .. just calcualte the selling price of that ipods.

As inventory is replinshed after every purcahse order transportation cost is 400$ for every 20 units if they are ordered from other country.

Minimization selling price question comes when they are ordered from Brazil inventory..
    that is when 10 unints are ordered from Brazil inv they will cost 100 but they can be imported from argentina inv there selling price will be half..
    so when 23 units are ordered 20 units will come from Argenitna and then 3 units will be ordered form Brazil

Just calculate mod 10 of ordered ipods if remainder is 0 then just it from Argentina if not calculate remainder if R>=8 ordered all from Argentina

Just implement that.....they will just put the same programming question.. and they will give about 3-4 hours for it.

Best of Luck...
  • eshujain
    eshujain
    hey atul my email address is
    pls mail me i need them urgently
  • lucky12329
    lucky12329
    Re: Thought works placement papers and campus selection process ( Need Help )

please sir Thought Work is coming in our university on 27-08-2011 and I want help from U guys...please help . ..... If anyone can send me Logical and Practical Programs they asks and any helpful material regarding this......Thank You so much in advance.With Best regardsLakhwinderE-Mail:
  • PrabhMalhi
    PrabhMalhi
    send me thoghtworks aptitude paper and programing questions at
  • tauseef
    tauseef
    atulsingh7890

Input

<inventory_name>:<ordered_no_of_ipods>

output:

<selling_price>:<Brazil_inv>:<argentina_inv>

Input 1

Output1

Input 2

Output 2

Input 3

Output 3

Input 4

Output 4

Use classes.....

Best of Luck...
  • tauseef
    tauseef
    tauseef
    hey can i get the apti of thought works??? plzz atul can u help me out regarding this???
  • mdhaider1234
    mdhaider1234
    hey...Atul......I need aptitude paper of Thought Works because it will come in my campus in 2-3 days.......so provide it to me as soon possible......Thankyou.....
    My email id is .
  • mdhaider1234
    mdhaider1234
    Hello...Atul......I need aptitude paper of Thought Works because it will come in my campus in 2-3 days.......so provide it to me as soon possible......Thankyou.....
    My email id is .
  • palamarri
    palamarri
    hey mail me the latest placement papers for infosys
  • bcashwini
    bcashwini
    atulsingh7890

Input
    :
    output:

Input 1
    Output1

Input 2
    Output 2

Input 3
    Output 3

Input 4
    Output 4

Use classes.....

Best of Luck...
    please send me sample papers my mailid is < removed >
  • tresa
    tresa
    hiiiiiiiiiiii plz send me app paper n i have aap test on 30 aug 2011 so plz reply me on
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Folks, posting your email ID in open forum isn't a very good practice.
  • eshujain
    eshujain
    my email id is eshujainhotmailcom

pls mail me thoughtwork papers by tomorrow afternoon. it is coming to my college on tuesday i.e. 30th august
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    Hey these peoples are worst !!!😡
    Bigge close this thread. These members are challenging you, how may emails you can remove 😁
  • patelpancham08
    patelpancham08
    amitkaka
    hey please mail me both the aptitude paper as well as the programming questions.. My email-id is
    please forward the sample paper of thought work to email id
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Here are some questions appearing in Thoughtworks apti that a CEan sent me through PM -

1) What Will be output of the given c program ?

void main(){
    int i=320;
    char *ptr=(char *)&i;
    printf("%d",*ptr);
    }

Ans : 64

2) What is wrong in a call fopen(”c:\newdir\file.dat”, “r”) ?

3) Write a program which print output as the same program

Ans :

#include
    #include
    void main()
    {
    FILE *fp;
    char ch;
    fp = fopen(”filename.c”,”r”);

while((ch=getc(fp))!=EOF)
    {
    printf(”%c”,ch);
    }

fclose(fp);

}

4) will the given program will execute or not why ?

#include<>
    123;
    main()
    {
    34;
    return 0;
    }

5) How Can we find the Day of the week if the date is given ?

6) What will be the o/p of the following program

main()
    {
    char *str="c-pointer";
    printf("%*.*s",10,7,str);
    return 0;
    }

Ans : c-point
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Has this thread been closed on purpose?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The_Big_K
    Has this thread been closed on purpose?
    Yes due to lots of people sharing their emails asking for papers. 😕
    It was closed a few months back.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Re-opening it by uploading the Thoughtworks question paper.
  • Shivani shina
    Shivani shina
    hey can u mail me apti paper, the selection process will start soon and also the questions asked in technical round. My mail id is
  • Shivani shina
    Shivani shina
    Can u mail me thought works apti papers and tech questions that they had asked. The company will be visiting in our institute soon so can u mail asap my mail Id is (shivani9116@gmail.com)
  • sonali patkar
    sonali patkar
    atulsingh7890

Input
    :
    output:

Input 1
    Output1

Input 2
    Output 2

Input 3
    Output 3

Input 4
    Output 4

Use classes.....

Best of Luck...
  • sonali patkar
    sonali patkar
    hey,
    tomorrow i have thoughtwork interview process ,and my branch is E&TC ,please suggest me some tips and give me previous question of test and program statement..
    email id:sonalipatkar30@gmail.com
  • Thomas Ramsey
    Thomas Ramsey
    Great, but i just searched tutorials on YouTube , this way is easier.
  • Balasaheb Patkar
    Balasaheb Patkar
    yes .u are right ...they are not changed even program statement..everything is same
  • Artisingh1801
    Artisingh1801
    Can you send the aptitude question paper?
    My email id is #-Link-Snipped-#

Pensu
    I attended the programming round. There were two questions, both were quite e

The questions were easy, but what they were checking was how you have used the language. You can code in any language but if you are coding in C, you must use functions or if you are coding in C++, you must use classes. They emphasized on using object oriented technology.
  • Ritika sreekumar
    Ritika sreekumar
    atulsingh7890

Input
    :
    output:

Input 1
    Output1

Input 2
    Output 2

Input 3
    Output 3

Input 4
    Output 4

Use classes.....

Best of Luck...
    Cud u plz send me the all the papers related to coding and aptitude for thought work ...
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • shashi kumar b k
    shashi kumar b k

Can anyone share aptitude questions of thoughtclan my mailid-shashi1997bk@gmail.com

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

A better approach would be to upload the aptitude questions to #-Link-Snipped-# 

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello All, This is Abhishek Jain from Chennai.I have a great interest in CNC automation.I learned CNC programming in my College and worked on a software called CNC Train but...
Intellectual Property Rights, Invention and Patents The above slide shows how industries evolve and what should be done for the same. comments are welcome.
Hi, I have done my internship in Maruti suzuki where I learned about the motoman and Fanuc Robot programming but I lost my notes,So,anybody help me in this programming and...
I want to calculate heat load for 30000 kg of chocolate material to be cooled from 48 to 38 degree Celsius .Find out total heat load & cooling capacity required...
Neptune Canada is a one of a kind regional scale project that is an underwater ocean observatory. It is operational since 2009 and people can literally surf the sea floor...