Thorium reactors

Does anyone know the actual status of the experiments with the thorium reactors? Is it production ready? Especially India seems to have conducted lots of experiments with the Kakrapar, Kaiga and Rajasthan units. Thorium reactors are supposed to be a very good alternative to uranium/plutonium units with far less radioactive waste and shorter half-life times.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Rectifiers Why the DC power supply is needed? 1. Electrical power is generated and transmitted and distributed in the form of AC but for operation of most of the electronic...
Hey All ..! I've got a MS Word File, Which is password protected. I'v forgot its password. kindly guide me to Either recover the password or Crack it. Please help.
As initiated by @SarathKumar Chandrasekaran We are all now more united than eve with the CE-Tee. He and many others have already updated their profile pictures to the one where...
Do you guys remember an article about an electric bike in India? Here is the link - Nistarkya The founder of the bike - Santhosh, from Mysore, has been in...
We've an important announcement to make about the invites system for CrazyEngineers T-Shirts. We've decided to retire the invites system for the t-shirts. Here's the summary of the announcement -...