This isnt any earth..

Scientists have been trying to find earth like enviroenment where 'earth-like' living beings can be found. Though water has been found onplanets (supposedly mars), moons (example Europa moon of jupiter) , we still are at a long call to declare whether any of these territories really support life.
Apart from moons and planets within our solar system , based on the app relation what our earth hold with sun , like radiation , distance , surface area scientists are narrowing down on planets from other solar systems which are similar to earth. latest find being Gliese 163c.
Top 5 possible habitats can be found in this link for those interested - The Top 5 Potentially Habitable Alien Planets | Space

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    This is an interesting area for study, even if we never get to meet inmates of any of these.
    There are some more here:
    PHL @ UPR Arecibo - The Habitable Exoplanets Catalog
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Universe is infinite...am happy to know chances of alien existence has increased
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    @ ramani Sir,
    Thanks for the link 😁. I sure have something interesting to read during my free time at work.
    The concept of exoplanets excites me , but the thought of few being as far as 600 light years , creates the question what has been haunting man since ages - can we travel at speed of light?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Even if one travels at the speed of light, it will take 6oo years to reach those planets. That is twenty generations of people! We cannot even talk to each other. A single question and answer exchange needs 1200 years!
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    that is true, and I am already imaging something like - huge space ships voyaging towards different planet, carrying species of living beings- where sadly 20 generations would never will have to 'see' land /water.But no harm in imagining 😁
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Imagination is what makes good engineers.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Speed of Light is fastest KNOWN source to humans, I am sure there exist unexplored sources/energy which is much more faster than light
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    saurav- do you intend to say - there are energies faster than light?
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    Yes
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I agree with #-Link-Snipped-# in this thing
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    and .. I was thinking about einstien's theory.
    As per Enstein's special theory of relativity ,the famous E = M*c*c where C is speed of light, E is energy and M is mass,give the speed of light is 3*10^8 mps , which is huge as the body moves with higher speed (c), more energy will be needed to move it . So techincally , it becomes impossible to move any body beyond the speed of light . This is what Einstein said and then since a model of physics needs to be applicable in all scenarios,so even if we are not aware, may be things wont exist which can travel faster than light, given the circumstances and evidence of special relativity
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    and .. I was thinking about einstien's theory.
    As per Enstein's special theory of relativity ,the famous E = M*c*c where C is speed of light, E is energy and M is mass,give the speed of light is 3*10^8 mps , which is huge as the body moves with higher speed (c), more energy will be needed to move it . So techincally , it becomes impossible to move any body beyond the speed of light . This is what Einstein said and then since a model of physics needs to be applicable in all scenarios,so even if we are not aware, may be things wont exist which can travel faster than light, given the circumstances and evidence of special relativity

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

nah.. i am not a apple-hater nor i am a samsung lover , but i somehow felt the parody funny
Klaus Mathwig of the University of Twente in Enschede, the Netherlands have created tiniest trckle of water flow that may harbinger the development of an all electronic 'Lab-on-a-chip'. Nano engineering...
Dear friends, Please help me about running the applications in codeigniter using wamp i installed codeigniter successfully and created login form but it's not running after setting all the parameters...
in LC circuit can we DC as source ????... if we give DC how capacitor allows DC????
How on earth does it work any one having experience of using this can post their tips