This Homemade LightSaber Says, 'Burn!' - You Know You Want One

When the Jedi Order and their Sith counterparts used this signature weapon for close combat or for deflecting those blaster bolts, the DIY nerds among us started developing their own. Yeah, the lightsaber was one of the coolest fictional weapons made popular by the Star Wars universe. There have been many attempts to build this 'laser sword' using polished metal hilt which projects a brightly lit blade, but this homemade LightSaber is bound to burn 'em all. Designed and developed by styropryo, an youtube user, who calls himself 'The DIY Laser Guy', this 3000mW blue laser lights things instantly when placed in the beam's path.

lightsaber

This lightsaber uses the new 9mm 450nm laser diode and runs on two 18650 Li-ion batteries. Having tested it onpaper, flash paper, tape, a ping pong ball, photoflash powder, cardboard, and a wooden splint, we know that when this home-made lightsaber says, 'burn!', you got to run. This laser beam does more than just burn, it seems. You got to see this video where he makes a solar car toy drive along by just pointing the laser beam at it. Have a look -

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

During any car crash in Germany rescue personnel like firefighters, police and paramedics have to rely on unique rescue sheets specific for each vehicle made by ADAC, the German Automobile...
(Sent me by Purushotthama Purushi)
Foxconn Technology Group, the world's largest Taiwanese multinational electronics contract manufacturing company, who is known to be building devices for the tech giants - Sony and Apple, is now entering...
Four final year engineering students have developed a hands-free 'eye-mouse' that aims at letting the differently abled people use mouse on their computer screen in hands-free mode. The students, Shruthi...
I'm looking for a rechargeable battery pack and a suitable charger. I've been reading mixed reviews about Kodak, Sony, Eveready, Fujicell, Nikon and so on but haven't been able to...