They said India Doesn't Innovate [Video Inside]

despite of all the other discussions, my MOM hangover is not down yet.
sorry folks, but I had to share this video for the sake of humanity

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Amazing..amazing video, Durga! 😀 Thanks a ton for the share.
    The guy spoke so passionately about India & Innovation that I watched the video twice.

I checked the page for their community in the description, but couldn't find out who is behind their initiative. There's a website with the same name, but that hails from UK.

Anyway, I have been reading about the Thorium research projects in India. If anyone's interested check out the Overview of the Thorium Programme in India by Pallippattu Krishnan Vijayan, BARC, India -

Here's another: Towards Sustainable Secure and Safe Energy Future Leveraging Opportunities with Thorium by Anil Kakodkar, BARC, India

PS: I am thinking of renaming the discussion's title. Let me know if someone can suggest.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm actually looking forward to Thorium power. It actually has the power to solve India's energy woes forever; and now with an able government in place, I'm quite sure that India will make it happen.

PS: The guy in the video is a bit more enthusiastic than he should be; creating an impression that we innovated Gravity Assist to send our satellite to Mars. Gravity Assist has been used quite frequently in the past to accelerate spacecrafts. It was first proposed by Michael Minovitch in 1961 and was used by Mariner 10 and Voyager to fly by Jupiter and Saturn. Details: Gravity Assist

However, I like the initiative they're taking. Indian innovators need an audience and I believe CE can be a platform for them.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    P.P.S: that guy never said India innovated the gravity assist. Sometimes ,creativity also lies in solving problems using tools which otherwise are brushed away as probably non suitable.
    Anyways, I see solar as more sustainable source of energy than nuclear energy - which again is perishable source.

A decent read #-Link-Snipped-# .
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    In line with the first video in this discussion, here's another one that I found relevant -
    A TEDx talk from London Business School:

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to make android app wherein i want to detect the location of some people confined in a particular room ,so i just wanted to ask that if the...
why can't we assign typecast a boolean into an int ,when internally the representation of boolean is in the form of an int variable holding 0 or 1,i.e. if u...
In the two pics ,the first pic shows that when i declare 2 character variables, and i see the decompiler,it shows that internally jvm takes these two character literals as...
Anyone here uses Google Sheets for maintaining their excel data online? I have multiple spreadsheets and want to combine their data into a single spreadsheet. In the main Google Sheet,...
LG G3 Stylus was launched today in India at a price of Rs. 21,500. So, a CEan requested to start a discussion about the comparison between LG G3 Stylus and...