Theory-based Engineering Or Practical-based Engineering?

In most of the Universities in India, theory examinations are given the vital role. Thus, we study 'loads of theory' for every subject and write the same in the examination to clear that subject.

But a question arised in my mind that, do we really know how to implement those things?
And without implementation, is Engineering justified?

What do you think?
Practical-based Engineering must be concentrated more or the Theory-based Engineering?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    MegaByte
    But a question arised in my mind that, do we really know how to implement those things?
    And without implementation, is Engineering justified? What do you think? Practical-based Engineering must be concentrated more or the Theory-based Engineering?
    I graduated from Andhra 'Varsity in 1960. We had a six day week. Theory was confined to the forenoon. Every afternoon was practicals. Any engineer worth his salt must get his hands dirty (virtually dirty for the IT lot!) is my conviction. Even now I work with my hands on my projects.

Bioramani
  • MegaByte
    MegaByte
    Its really nice that your University focuses on practicals. Actually I am the student of Nagpur University and here practicals are treated as the secondary aspect and are generally not given more focus. The focus is completely on theory and how to clear the examination. Sometimes its really annoying to do all this stuff. So, we try out by our own. ๐Ÿ˜’
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Every university have to changed their systems and have to add the as many practicals as they can. By this way the next gen students becomes more friendly with practical things.
  • MegaByte
    MegaByte
    Every university have to changed their systems and have to add the as many practicals as they can. By this way the next gen students becomes more friendly with practical things.
    Yes, what you have mentioned is true. Thats the need of today's condition of our education system. And if it is done, we will have greater probability of inventions in various sectors from India as well. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Even those practical labs are very much out-dated and not industry ready. We are in the world of Web 3.0, when our universities teach what is command line interface! This is the real fate of the education here. ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    praveenscience
    Even those practical labs are very much out-dated and not industry ready. We are in the world of Web 3.0, when our universities teach what is command line interface! This is the real fate of the education here. ๐Ÿ˜”
    You are right Praveen. I think there are some companies who are taking some initiative to sponsor a students who is researching in University labs.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    godfather
    You are right Praveen. I think there are some companies who are taking some initiative to sponsor a students who is researching in University labs.
    I agree with you. The University of Leicester has a tie up with my college and guess they are promoting something similar too!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

SIEMENS has won the largest ever contract in its corporate history expanding over 160 years. SIEMENS will build 300 high speed, eco-friendly ICx trains for Deutsche Bahn Germany. Read our...
how can we reduce the K-map of 32 bits....
Atlas just have had a successful launch! Check out the whole news here. ๐Ÿ˜€ SBIRS Atlas V Has Successful Launch - CrazyEngineers
Hello people want to watch through walls? Try Prism 200C Look Through Walls Without Window Using Prism 200C! - CrazyEngineers
New Hero Honda gold wing bike is up for a launch! read for full description. ๐Ÿ˜€ Make Way For Hero Honda Gold Wing - Hybrid Version - CrazyEngineers