the worlds most useable resource is not legal in most first world countries.

part of this is copy and paste from another post in a diffrent thread so if it looks simalar it is.

hemp

you know there is actually another fuel souce that can be quite abundant and is renewable. its called hemp. please no pot jokes. industrial hemp can make great biofuel,fabric and paper. people have done this before.

also industrial hemp as little thc so smoking it would do little to get you high.

i have a joe rocket jacket made from hemp that can be veiwed here. #-Link-Snipped-# it makes a really good jacket. my x stabbed me with a pencil in this and it didn't bust through.

as for a fuel source it is much like vegatable oil and from what i have seen it dose not require much modification to the engine to run. i have seen a video where people have take a chainsaw (probobly a 2 stroke) did nothing to mod it, and then poured it in the tank. it looked like it had a hard time starting but then again most 2 stroke items i have do not start well at all.

heres the vid of that- Capt. Ozone with his Hemp Oil Chain Saw - YouTube

aside from the tree hugger stuff thats a great video. i laughed at the superhero guy.

here is a hemp car- Hemp Powered Car debuts in Washington, DC - YouTube

the henry ford hemp car- Ford Hemp Car - YouTube
didn't know you could make plastic from hemp did you?

hemp is a wonderful thing. if not abused. for all you americans out there did you know that the declaration of independece was wrote on paper made from hemp?

all these things you can do with hemp. and it is not legal.

i'm not saying hemp should be legal because i smoke pot and i dont. i know people that do and half the crap i hear about pot in ads and television isn't true. the only truth i see in pot is people sitting on a couch all day laughing and eating all the food in the house.

what do you think of hemp?

Replies

• gohm
    gohm
    What do you mean it is not legal, hemp products are all around. My shoes I am wearing are hemp. It also makes some of the best ropes for nautical usage. You are right, it is a totally seperate plant from the one used as a drug.
  • torque
    torque
    gohm
    What do you mean it is not legal, hemp products are all around. My shoes I am wearing are hemp. It also makes some of the best ropes for nautical usage. You are right, it is a totally seperate plant from the one used as a drug.
    at least not in the americas it is not legal. i have been doing a little bit of research on it and aparently in the usa its not otherwise i would have bought seeds by now.
  • gohm
    gohm
    True, federally it is illegal to cultivate the industrial hemp in the US although it does grow wild in many areas and 9 states have made it legal. It is legal to import the products and fiber material to manufacture items from hemp.
  • torque
    torque
    gohm
    True, federally it is illegal to cultivate the industrial hemp in the US although it does grow wild in many areas and 9 states have made it legal. It is legal to import the products and fiber material to manufacture items from hemp.
    from what i have heard though the laws in those states are rather... tough.
  • Guttu
    Guttu
    If it's so good then it must be unbanned. The problem will be that it may not be used for what it's intended to.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Oh damn. You know, I thought "hemp" was another word for animal dung. You know, with the talk of biofuels and everything. Forgive my ignorance 😉
  • torque
    torque
    Guttu
    If it's so good then it must be unbanned. The problem will be that it may not be used for what it's intended to.
    actual hemp that has little to no thc in it wont get you high. so theres no need to worry

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Folks, I'm wondering if companies have started recruiting in colleges. The campus recruitments were frozen for almost a year because of the economic recession. Any update on the status of...
I've got this wall mounted air-conditioner remote control which takes one 6v 105mAh (2LR44 type) battery. Damned remote consumes the battery in about two months (sometimes less than 2 months)...
There we go and sit with Forbes, Harward Blogs, New Scientist et al. . Well, what do I say, just look here: Interviews and Publications about Stephen Wolfram: Some Verbatim...
Folks, Lot of our members have started receiving joining dates from the companies that hired them. I'm thinking it would be great to know fellow CEans who'll be joining the...
I use blogger but I find some shortcomings in it. What do you prefer, WORDPRESS or BLOGGER?