The ultimate recipe to Control your PC from your Android

Ingredients:
  • PC
  • Android phone
  • Unified remote android app
  • Unified remote PC app
  • Wi-fi
Recipe:
The Unified Remote app for Android is available from Google Play (Unified Remote Full - Apps on Google Play) [Paid as well as free versions are available] and for PC from (Unified Remote – Remote Control App for your Computer). Install both these apps. Connect both the devices to the same Wifi network. Start the apps on both devices. Done. The android app will automatically find your PC under "Servers".
Your phone now acts as a trackpad, keyboard, numpad, remote for media players and a lot more. Go to "Remotes" in the Android app. See the entire list of supported applications on the Google Play link.
Incase you have the paid version, you can also create custom remotes. Like for example you can make an Xbox controller (like I did for playing FIFA on my PC.) This is a complex process and I asked one of my CS nerd friend to do it for me.😎 Look up the process here: #-Link-Snipped-#
As far as I have heard I think you can also use it as a TV remote, if your TV supports Wifi, that is.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    ^ This is brilliant. 👍
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Wow amazing feature
  • valsa
    valsa
    That's really amazing! Thanks alot

\\\\\\\\\\////////////////
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I got a new PC today, and I will try it 😀 Amazing feature it is!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here is a simple article about Entrepreneurs produced by IITs https://www.livemint.com/2012/04/09150248/Views--The-IIT-game-changers.html?h=A1 Your views please.
Instagram, the most popular iOS app for sharing photos through mobile has been acquired by Facebook for cool $1billion in a combination of cash and stocks. That now brings us...
I was wondering what'd save more cost in the kitchen: Matchsticks or the gas lighter. My quick analysis tells me that contradictory to the belief that lighter is just 'one...
I recently presented a Paper in the IEEE Paper Presentation competition in the technical fest of our Institute and won the 1st Prize for it. It is based on a...
Hello CEans, Total 15 valid Nomination was there for contest and we have opened voting thread to get the best CE- Signature. Finally voting ends and as you can see...